Kimbertalk.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ihave a ultra stainless raptor, love the look of the grips but wanted thin grips. Put on vz thin grips and although im happy I can't get my mind off the raptor grips . Thinking of putting them on a belt sander and making my own raptor thin grips. Has anyone else ever tried to sand regular grips into thin ones?

·
Super Moderator
37,244 Posts
Ihave a ultra stainless raptor, love the look of the grips but wanted thin grips. Put on vz thin grips and although im happy I can't get my mind off the raptor grips . Thinking of putting them on a belt sander and making my own raptor thin grips. Has anyone else ever tried to sand regular grips into thin ones?
You can sand the grips down but you're also going to need a set of slim bushings and screws.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Don't do it! Just sell me the Raptor grips :D:D

·
Registered
721 Posts
how did the VZ thin grips fit without slim bushings :confused:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed over to thin grip bushings when I installed the grips. Thats why I asked about if kimber used locktite on bushing threads in a earlier post. They were in there really tight so I used a soldering iron to warm it up a little, then they came out easy. I also used the bushing tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts