Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all mostly. Universal M1 Carbine. Sale or trade. Asking 1000.00. May have an offer in on it already. Should know by end of day if he is gonna take it or not. Comes with two twenty and one ten round magazine. Shoots like new.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
A long time ago, in another world far, far away, I carried an M1 Carbine daily for deck watch when not in the assault boats. We had a problem with enemy swimmers trying to put satchel charges on the ships hull. A quick burst of .30 cal into the water made them swim like Olympic swimmers as they bailed for shore....unless of course we/I scored a good hit. ;)

Back then I would never guess just how much these carbines would go for some day. We griped because we were issued them instead of the M14, which really works as advertised.

Nice carbine, good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is wild how much they are worth these days. That one was pieced together at gunshows and flea markets in the late 70s and early 80s by an uncle of mine. Not a piece that was close to my heart though. There are other "family" guns i will never part with though.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Guess another one of those old sayings comes to mind here, "you snooze you lose". The .30 cal carbine is and has been a terribly underestimated/appreciated cartridge IMO. After borrowing my late Uncle Ray's for an off grid adventure many moons ago I wanted to return the rifle in pristine condition. Everything was soaked in WD-40 🙄 Yup the magazines too 😳, seemed like a good idea at the time? After the inspection upon of the carbine upon return it was explained to me that some things are better left dry, lesson learned...
Despite being somewhat derailed by the whole Pandemic thing it would have been hard to resist a nice .30 caliber carbine for under $500.00!!! F'ing A... Hope the buyer appreciates her :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
You got that much for a Universal? They are not even USGI.
I wonder what my 1943 Inland would bring.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
You got that much for a Universal? They are not even USGI.
I wonder what my 1943 Inland would bring.
Right now Mil-Surp guns are bringing crazy numbers.
I have a couple of Mosins that are now worth 4 times what I paid for them all those years ago.

A straight M1 will bring decent money.

·
Registered
2017 Silverado Crew-Cab
12 Posts
Yeah, Universal is a creation after WWII, not really a ‘G.I’ Carbine. That said, mine was relatively cheap & works fine.
Wood Shotgun Air gun Musical instrument Hardwood

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I just watched a great YouTube video about the history of the .30 carbine by gunblue490. Any fans of these fine little rifles will probably enjoy it.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
I don't have a .30 carbine but always kind of wanted one (original G.I.) because of the military history...well anything really Thompson, B.A.R. etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOL, I got a NM Garand about 25-30 years ago, from the then DCM. I also got a Springfield carbine that was given to South Korea and since came back. I was given an 03-A3 back wen I was a tender 10 years old, Just passed them to younger son. A lot of iron came and went in that time, but the military stuff stays usually.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts