Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I cannot believe the state of the world these days. My rent increase for a lease renewal was $170.00 per month. A 14.3 percent increase in a single year. The cost of living is untenable. The vacation I was planning is no longer a reality. I am livid.

End rant.

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Man I cannot believe the state of the world these days. My rent increase for a lease renewal was $170.00 per month. A 14.3 percent increase in a single year. The cost of living is untenable. The vacation I was planning is no longer a reality. I am livid.

End rant.
Most landlords got fucked during Covid, when the government let everyone slide on paying rent, while their mortgage payments were still due.
Chop a full year of profit out of my business and my prices will go up too.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you are renting and going on vacations your priorities might not be in order.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most landlords got fucked during Covid, when the government let everyone slide on paying rent, while their mortgage payments were still due.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you are renting and going on vacations your priorities might not be in order.
I never stopped paying rent. That would have been both irresponsible and unethical. I resent being squeezed due to the negligence of others at a point where inflation is already taking a bite out of my ass.

As to vacation and rent, you might be right abouty priorities. On the other hand, the costs of property where I live are also out of my reach. So it is what it is.

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
I resent being squeezed due to the negligence of others...
As a long time gun owner, I fully understand.
😃

Seriously though, the alternative would be for the owner to lose his property to the bank, and the renters eventual eviction, so the bank can cash out.
It's not about being squeezed. It's the only way for them to survive.
That's kinda one of the things you have to deal with as a renter.
Cost of 2 or 3 of those vacations would score you a down payment on your own place, and the payment would likely be less than your rent.
I'm just saying....

·
Registered
45 Posts

Wife and I own rentals here in Georgia. We had only 2 that want out of their lease. Not bad.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I am still in Illinois. I filled up the tank. Gas was $6.20/gallon.

My last weekend my mother passed away a month before her 95th birthday. I've begun settling the estate. When that's all done I will never come back to Illinois again. Every penny she had left will be leaving Illinois with me. I received her property tax bill. Ridiculous. When the governor and the county gets that last pound of flesh it will be the last dollar they receive from my family.

Restaurants and bars were packed last night and I observed a lot of 30-somethings and very expensive cars in the parking lot. Huge houses being built everywhere around my mothers area. Maybe I'm wrong but my guess is everyone living in this area is heavily mortgaged and in debt up to their eyeballs. When the economy tanks - and it will - this is going to get ugly for a lot of people here

·
Registered
860 Posts
Everything is going up.. something has got to give
My wife does price changes in a grocery store, and has for 30 years. She said normally prices may increase .30 in six months. Now it’s $1-$1.50 a week!!! The things that need to give are determined on Election Day!!! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean!!!😎

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
With the fool currently in charge doing his absolute best to destroy America, my wife and I recently had a discussion of how we resisted "moving up" every few years to a larger/better home. We stayed put in our modest home, now exactly 38 years old and remodeled a room every few years. Now it's completely paid off, we own it outright, get a break on property tax because of veteran status, and are retired. Other than this raging inflation, life is good. BUT I sincerely feel for those who are caught up in this current madness of ridiculous rent increases, as like almost everyone at one time, we rented too. For us, staying put and not keeping up with the Jones' was the best move we could have made. Sometimes simple is better.

All this will hopefully change when we get a real president elected again, one who's mission is not tearing the country apart with ridiculous 'green' energy crap pushed down our throats by people behind the curtain that are not even elected and set things right again.

·
Registered
2 Posts

End rant.
That's nothing! We live in a townhouse and pay $2800 a month. They raised my rent $400 a month if I renewed by a certain date, after that is was $500 a month. Then, if I wanted a month to month lease, it would have been $4500 A EFFING MONTH! I told them to kiss my white ass!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's nothing! We live in a townhouse and pay $2800 a month. They raised my rent $400 a month if I renewed by a certain date, after that is was $500 a month. Then, if I wanted a month to month lease, it would have been $4500 A EFFING MONTH! I told them to kiss my white ass!!
Yup! That is out of control.

Here is the worst part. In a single year the average rent skyrocketed from 1200 per month to 1600 per month. I have never seen such a thing.

So what will you do, move?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts