Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m curious as to why you want a replacement barrel, if you don’t mind.
I bought a micro 9 MC TP. That has a 3.45 inch threaded barrel with a mini compensator attached. It’s a really nice looking and shooting gun, but a little to long for me to carry. I was kicking around the idea of a suppressor but changed my mind. I want to go back to a stock barrel and sell the threaded barrel and compensator.
Thanks for asking

· Registered
3,130 Posts
It’s a really nice looking and shooting gun, but a little to long for me to carry. I was kicking around the idea of a suppressor but changed my mind. I want to go back to a stock barrel and sell the threaded barrel and compensator.
When Kimber brought out this Micro 9 with the compensator, I wondered why in h3ll would anyone want a comp on a micro-sized carry pistol??? By doing so, it completely negates the attributes of a small, slim little carry piece by immediately making it too long for realistic concealed carry. It did and does now seem to be a silly idea aimed at the uninformed and/or newbie shooters who just want the "look".

Seems like a lesson learned. I hope you find a suitable replacement barrel for your Micro.
(Try asking that question over on the Kimber sub-forum at the 1911.com forum. Someone over there may be able to help.)

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When Kimber brought out this Micro 9 with the compensator, I wondered why in h3ll would anyone want a comp on a micro-sized carry pistol??? By doing so, it completely negates the attributes of a small, slim little carry piece by immediately making it too long for realistic concealed carry. It did and does now seem to be a silly idea aimed at the uninformed and/or newbie shooters who just want the "look".

Seems like a lesson learned. I hope you find a suitable replacement barrel for your Micro.
(Try asking that question over on the Kimber sub-forum at the 1911.com forum. Someone over there may be able to help.)
It really is no longer than any other full size gun it is only a little over 7 inches long. Weight is only 19 ounces. My S&W ez 9 was bigger and weight 22 ounces. The compensator easily fit my holster. It’s just longer than I wanted. I think the stickiness of the hogue grips also played a factor. I will change the grips to G10 black when I can change the barrel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts