Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone shot one of these?
22tcm is basically a necked down 9mm round that pushes a .22cal bullet at over 2000fps.

I have shot a Rock Island 22tcm rifle, and its a blast.
The 1911 comes with both the 9mm and 22tcm barrels, and both rounds use the same mag.
My LGS just got one in stock amd I'm seriously considering buying it.
MSRP is like $899 but I can buy it for $650.

The Tac Ultra series has adjustable sights, magwell, rail, and a few other "Tacticool" features but for me it would be a range toy at best.
The extras are just gravy.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Should I buy one for $650?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Has anyone shot one of these?
22tcm is basically a necked down 9mm round that pushes a .22cal bullet at over 2000fps.

I have shot a Rock Island 22tcm rifle, and its a blast.
The 1911 comes with both the 9mm and 22tcm barrels, and both rounds use the same mag.
My LGS just got one in stock amd I'm seriously considering buying it.
MSRP is like $899 but I can buy it for $650.

The Tac Ultra series has adjustable sights, magwell, rail, and a few other "Tacticool" features but for me it would be a range toy at best.
The extras are just gravy.
View attachment 128242

Should I buy one for $650?
They make a good reliable 1911 and at that price you have both calibers. If you like the 22TCm go for it. Should be a fun varmint gun for the pesky small critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They make a good reliable 1911 and at that price you have both calibers. If you like the 22TCm go for it. Should be a fun varmint gun for the pesky small critters.

I like RIA 1911s.
I had a RIA full size .45 that I swapped out the trigger and a bunch of internals with Wilson Combat parts that shoots like a dream. I gave It to my 17 year old son.
My Brother in law has the 22tcm rifle.
It's a hoot to shoot.
The rifle has recoil like a .22lr.

One thing that is stopping me is my LGS also has a very nice used Smith and Wesson 5906 that I can probably get for $500.
I like 1911s but I recently have had a wierd attraction to 3rd gen SWs.
I really want a 4506 but havent seen one locally in a while.

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
Buy BOTH! On a serious note the dual caliber combo could be fun. No idea about pricing sounds a little high at 650 to me but I've never checked them out much.
22lr ammo is about the only thing I feel comfortable shooting lately cause it the only caliber I feel I have big enough stock pile to use some of.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I like RIA 1911s.
I had a RIA full size .45 that I swapped out the trigger and a bunch of internals with Wilson Combat parts that shoots like a dream. I gave It to my 17 year old son.
My Brother in law has the 22tcm rifle.
It's a hoot to shoot.
The rifle has recoil like a .22lr.

One thing that is stopping me is my LGS also has a very nice used Smith and Wesson 5906 that I can probably get for $500.
I like 1911s but I recently have had a wierd attraction to 3rd gen SWs.
I really want a 4506 but havent seen one locally in a while.
My Wife’s got a sweet 3913 Ladysmith I bought her back in the early 80’s DA/SA decocking safety. Nice little compact 9mm that shoots like a dream. She still Carry’s it once in a while, but it’s still her favorite.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buy BOTH! On a serious note the dual caliber combo could be fun. No idea about pricing sounds a little high at 650 to me but I've never checked them out much.
My gun budget wont let me get them both at once, but I may buy one and ask them to hold the other for a few weeks.

$650 is about $100 below average street price and $250 below Rock Island's MSRP.

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
Mmmm, since I have both versions of the Kimber .22lr conversion kits I probably would not spend 650 Tac 22.

I've been mulling over (just for fun, boat gun etc.) picking up a FN 502 Tactical FDE .22lr msrp $519. Like I need another 22 caliber firearm...HA!

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
I don’t know much about RIA but from what I read they put out good products. The last gunsmith I used was a big fan. Several times I’ve considered buying their double stacked 10mm 1911.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mmmm, since I have both versions of the Kimber .22lr conversion kits I probably would not spend 650 Tac 22.

I've been mulling over (just for fun, boat gun etc.) picking up a FN 502 Tactical FDE .22lr msrp $519. Like I need another 22 caliber firearm...HA!

It's alot different than .22lr
5.56x45mm
it's closer to FN's 5.7

Office supplies Bullet Gas Gun accessory Auto part

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
That would be a mucho-fun pistol for varmints in any language!

Around here, that pistol and a window bag would make for one hell of a lot of fun out the truck window! (Legal here on private property.) I'd snag it just for the dual caliber capability, but again, I'm a sucker for cool, unique gunny-stuff! :)

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That would be a mucho-fun pistol for varmints in any language!

Around here, that pistol and a window bag would make for one hell of a lot of fun out the truck window! (Legal here on private property.) I'd snag it just for the dual caliber capability, but again, I'm a sucker for cool, unique gunny-stuff! :)
No hunting from a truck in GA.😞
It'll be a woods plinker and range toy at best in 22tcm.
I like oddball stuff too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts