Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kimber is "out of stock" on these conversion kits. I would like one that fits my Ultra carry II. Does anyone know if another manufacturer's will fit? Would prefer a Kimber but if I can't get one will go with another brand.
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
They have been "out of stock" on Kimber site for a very long time. Hard as hens teeth to find.
I think it's Ceiner (may have spelled that wrong?) that makes a conversion kit, the ones of those I've seen are more expensive than the Kimber and also not easy to find. I've heard bad reviews about that company customer service but I don't know first hand. I was going to buy a kit from the Ceiner website, had one picked out but I backed out the website and check-out seemed hinky and threw up my red flags...

·
Registered
950 Posts
They have been "out of stock" on Kimber site for a very long time. Hard as hens teeth to find.
I think it's Ceiner (may have spelled that wrong?) that makes a conversion kit, the ones of those I've seen are more expensive than the Kimber and also not easy to find. I've heard bad reviews about that company customer service but I don't know first hand. I was going to buy a kit from the Ceiner website, had one picked out but I backed out the website and check-out seemed hinky and threw up my red flags...
Dont order from Ceiner.
He has been sued multiple times for slow rolling orders.
The kits are good. I have one.
They sure dont look as nice as the Kimber ones, but I don't have one of those.

You can find them sometimes at other vendors but they are rare birds.
I bought a whole gun at an auction to get mine.

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
mkmk, also be aware that the standard conversions kits will not work on the Ultra frame. The only conversion I'm aware of that works on the Ultra is the Kimber Compact Conversion as shown below. I have both models (5" & 3"), and from experience I know this to be true.

My Compact unit on one of my Ultra CDP's:

Amd the standard, or Target conversion unit mounted on one of my Pro CDP's :) :

Assuming you find what you're looking for, remember these conversions only work properly with HV ammo. Premium ammo always seems to function them best, no Wally-World el-cheapo crap. Good luck with the search.....it'll be worth it in the end when you find what you're after.

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
I second what Rick said. I installed the Target conversion on my Master Carry Pro (4") and the Compact Conversion on CDP Ultra. Both work great. I would probably hold out for a Kimber Conversion Kit. Sorry I don't have any dead critters in my pics.
Master Carry & Rimfire Target Conversion.jpg
CDP 22 Kit Ultra.jpg

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
can't find ammo for it if you did..lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a Ciener 22 Lr Conversion Kit for use on a 1911 and it's a great accessory even though Mr. Ciener is a royal PIA to deal with. If there is a conversion kit that will work on a Kimber and it's reasonable, jump on it. Just make sure it's complete and functional. It may be difficult to get parts for a Ciener unit these days.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have a Ciener 22 Lr Conversion Kit for use on a 1911 and it's a great accessory even though Mr. Ciener is a royal PIA to deal with. If there is a conversion kit that will work on a Kimber and it's reasonable, jump on it. Just make sure it's complete and functional. It may be difficult to get parts for a Ciener unit these days.
The Kimber units are the same design.
"Reasonable price" and .22lr 1911 conversion kits are a matter of perspective.
Most of the used ones that are actually available sell for north of $300.
They do work great.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Arland.....if there's no dead critters in your pic, then how do we know that pistol even works? ;)

OT: It seems strange that Kimber does not have these conversions in stock anywhere, as it seems that there is a huge demand for them, and demand always dictates production. So WTF?........

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
Arland.....if there's no dead critters in your pic, then how do we know that pistol even works? ;)

OT: It seems strange that Kimber does not have these conversions in stock anywhere, as it seems that there is a huge demand for them, and demand always dictates production. So WTF?........

Cause I kilt some soda cans and an empty shaving soap can in the back yard with them. There will be a critter pic if I ever get a shot at that damn fat little ground squirrel, he is a fast some bitch...

I don't know what the deal is but the conversion kits have shown "out of stock" on the Kimber website for 2 - 3 years at least.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Kimber is "out of stock" on these conversion kits. I would like one that fits my Ultra carry II. Does anyone know if another manufacturer's will fit? Would prefer a Kimber but if I can't get one will go with another brand.
Thanks in advance for any help.
My LGS in VA has some kits on hand. Just purchased the 5” target conversion a few weeks ago. I know they have at least one or two of the compact kits. Let me know if you want more info, and I’ll try to learn how to send you a PM.

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
Click on your avatar on the top header bar, you'll get drop down menu: select "Conversations" should be easy from there?
He should be able to buy direct from your LGS and be shipped direct to him, no FFL needed.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
71 Posts
Click on your avatar on the top header bar, you'll get drop down menu: select "Conversations" should be easy from there?
He should be able to buy direct from your LGS and be shipped direct to him, no FFL needed.
Thanks for the instructions! Still kind of a “newbie”! Just waiting for a reply. I’ll be glad to provide our brother a phone #. Didn’t think it good to post a phone # on the open forum. Thanks again!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I posted a reply a while ago but I have some information, true or not to pass on. I've heard rumors fron several different sources that the Kimber magazines were being made by Ciener. At present, Ciener can't supply mags for his own conversion kits let alone anyone elses'. He's had some serious problem with the law and it's possible he's not ''free'' to make anything. A very nasty man to deal with!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I posted a reply a while ago but I have some information, true or not to pass on. I've heard rumors fron several different sources that the Kimber magazines were being made by Ciener. At present, Ciener can't supply mags for his own conversion kits let alone anyone elses'. He's had some serious problem with the law and it's possible he's not ''free'' to make anything. A very nasty man to deal with!
Wow!!! Things catch up with ya! From all the comments, doesn’t sound like a pleasant company to give a call!

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
From what I gather Mr. Ceiner's products are fine and if you have one of them it's good to go. I guess somewhere along the way Mr. Ceiner the man had a lot of issues. Stories I've heard of the man and his customer service are not good.
I've seen used Ceiner kits on eBay and prices are way higher than msrp.

Reactions: bad ninja
1 - 17 of 17 Posts