Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Holy shit what a liberal fucking rag the "Chatanoogan" is.
The "Victim" is the 44 year old shit bird that attacked and assaulted a driver, before getting shot in self defense by the "suspect".

"The victim was transported to a local hospital by Hamilton County EMS with life-threatening injuries. He later succumbed to his injuries.

Investigators with the Violent Crimes Unit responded to conduct an investigation. They learned that the victim and suspect were stopped at a traffic light when the victim approached the suspect and began physically assaulting him as he sat in his vehicle.

During the assault, the suspect produced a firearm and shot the victim.

Investigators found multiple witnesses who corroborated the suspect's account of the events.

At this time, no charges have been filed. The case is pending further investigation and review with the Hamilton County District Attorney's Office."

Good shoot.
If you lay hands on a stranger, expect a a similar reaction.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Bet there is more to this than meets the ear wax. I wonder why they are calling it "Road Rage"? Can't help but wonder what the back story is.
Someone attacked another person who was sitting in their car at the stoplight, physically assaulted them, over a driving incident, and got shot by the guy they assaulted.

I don't know what led up to that assault, but the story implies it was over a traffic incident.

Backstory or not, if someone reaches into my car and assaults me they are getting shot too.

Mama said keep your hands to yourself.
He should have listened to Mama.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Whoa...calm down Ninja!

The newspaper's opening statement was surprisingly unbiased. Finally a reporting of events without a spin.

"A man wound up getting killed on Wednesday night after assaulting a man in another vehicle in an apparent road rage incident on Hickory Valley Road."

The victim and suspect part is I'd bet from the police because there is an ongoing investigation. They have a victim (the dead guy) and a suspect (the defender).. Once the investigation is complete the victim will become the perpetrator and the suspect will become the victim.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My reading comprehension is fine.

It's not the cops.
The cops did the right thing.
They didnt charge the real victim.

The real victim was the person who was assaulted by the suspected violent attacker.
The victim was then forced to use his gun to defend his life.

The rag labled the poor guy who feared for his life as a suspect and the shitbag who assaulted him as the victim.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
We're on the same page. I agree that the dead guy was the bad egg in it. He was the attacker. It's what the Prosecuting Attorney rules next
It sounds like there won't be any charges, from the article.
Thats what made me notice how the article named the victim and the suspect.
Commie speak always names the violent criminals as victims and the defensive gun owner as a suspect.

"Victim" of a self defense shooting?
"Suspected" of what exactly?

Call that shit out when you see it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It sounds like there won't be any charges, from the article.
Thats what made me notice how the article named the victim and the suspect.
Commie speak always names the violent criminals as victims and the defensive gun owner as a suspect.

"Victim" of a self defense shooting?
"Suspected" of what exactly?

Call that shit out when you see it.
In Florida we have stand your ground law. If u feel your life is in eminent danger you have a right to defend yourself With deadly force.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Indeed... and a lot of people walking away from clear-cut defensive shootings without charges only to be brought back in on ridiculous murder charges months later by corrupt DA's that want the citizenry disarmed so their useful idiots don't all get killed while thugging. It's not just happening in Blue states either.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
In Florida we have stand your ground law. If u feel your life is in eminent danger you have a right to defend yourself With deadly force.
I know one of the state lawmakers involved in drafting that legislation and getting it passed. During the process he received several death threats for his efforts? Oddly he doesn't carry.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I know one of the state lawmakers involved in drafting that legislation and getting it passed. During the process he received several death threats for his efforts? Oddly he doesn't carry.
State lawmakers have to enter federal buildings often and probably dont want to have to keep up with a handgun all day.
He also is very protected while at work.
;)

Also, Florida has had castle doctrine laws for decades, that extend to the workplace.

You can shoot an animal that that is attacking you in the south.
;)

We don't require you to be a casualty like Democratic ran states.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
State lawmakers have to enter federal buildings often and probably dont want to have to keep up with a handgun all day.
He also is very protected while at work.
;)

Also, Florida has had castle doctrine laws for decades, that extend to the workplace.

You can shoot an animal that that is attacking you in the south.
;)

We don't require you to be a casualty like Democratic ran states.
Yes, there's been an established concept of castle doctrine in FL for years. Like most southern states the interpretation favors the victim/homeowner. As I understand it the "stand your ground" thing basically expanded on what was there to give the more protection to potential victims?
That being said, there was a FL case a few years ago that got a good bit of attention here at KT. In a nut shell, a grumpy white guy decided to take it upon himself to get into it with a black woman about her parking at a convenience store. Her boyfriend or husband (big black dude) gets back to the car and sees the goings on. He pushes the grumpy guy and knocks him down. I guess the guy had a history of being confrontational in the area BTW that's why I say "grumpy"? Anyways the guy who was shoved had undoubtedly been schooled of the legalities associated with "stand your ground" online. He proceeds to "neutralize the threat" with his CCW as per his "training" and kills the big guy who pushed him.
Well he's "standing his ground" with something else in his hand in prison now and will be for some time to come...
...on my friend the legislator he just doesn't carry, ever? He's inherited a fine collection but isn't into firearms.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yes, there's been an established concept of castle doctrine in FL for years. Like most southern states the interpretation favors the victim/homeowner. As I understand it the "stand your ground" thing basically expanded on what was there to give the more protection to potential victims?
That being said, there was a FL case a few years ago that got a good bit of attention here at KT. In a nut shell, a grumpy white guy decided to take it upon himself to get into it with a black woman about her parking at a convenience store. Her boyfriend or husband (big black dude) gets back to the car and sees the goings on. He pushes the grumpy guy and knocks him down. I guess the guy had a history of being confrontational in the area BTW that's why I say "grumpy"? Anyways the guy who was shoved had undoubtedly been schooled of the legalities associated with "stand your ground" online. He proceeds to "neutralize the threat" with his CCW as per his "training" and kills the big guy who pushed him.
Well he's "standing his ground" with something else in his hand in prison now and will be for some time to come...
...on my friend the legislator he just doesn't carry, ever? He's inherited a fine collection but isn't into firearms.
The guy had decided to play cop, and engage the woman over parking in a handicap spot.
He started arguing with the woman, who's husband then defended her...and got shot.

It was a situation of "when assholes collide."

1.Wife shouldnt have parked in a handicap spot wothpit a legal placard.

2. Shooter guy should have MYOB or called a cop.

3. Husband shouldn't have laid a hand on shooter guy.

Part of standing your ground is to not incite or instigate the situation.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't know what led up to that assault, but the story implies it was over a traffic incident.

Mama said keep your hands to yourself.
He should have listened to Mama.
I agree it sounds like a good shoot. My question had more to do with lack of information.
Most everyone I know that carries are also non-confrontational. Meaning they don't cut people off, break check or things of that nature. So was it two strangers, did the driver that that beat up make a mistake or even just drive slower than the guy who got mad. In pretty much any case it appears to be a good shoot. Unless the guy had just molested his kid, raped his wife or anything like that, then he has my sympathies because it is still going to cost him. If he did do something like that I figure to bad the beater lost his temper because his family will need him and they have my sympathies.
I too agree with mama.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'd venture a guess it was traffic related based on the "road rage" descriptor being used, and any related justifiable act would have made the shooter an evil doer, and would have been included at all cost.

Reactions: Aviator
1 - 17 of 17 Posts