Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone heard of or shot this ammunition? It's manufactured new in the Czech Republic.
ammunitiontogo.com is selling 500rd blocks of 230gr FMJ 45ACP for $194.95

It only had one review but it was a good one. Just curious if anyone knows anything about it.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
What kind of ammo? Freedom Munitions and LAX Ammo are less expensive than that, and we know they are good.

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
I can't begin to estimate how many cases of their shotgun shells I've gone through and I've never had a problem with it, great stuff.

Reactions: ByrdMan

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of ammo? Freedom Munitions and LAX Ammo are less expensive than that, and we know they are good.
Sellier & Bellot. Ya Freedom Munitions is a bit cheaper but they're out of stock.

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Sellier & Bellot. Ya Freedom Munitions is a bit cheaper but they're out of stock.
Give Freedom a couple of days and they'll have another couple of hundred thousand .45's back in inventory.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Give Freedom a couple of days and they'll have another couple of hundred thousand .45's back in inventory.
I will. I'm just bored and shopping around. I spend lots-o-money when I'm bored, lol.
Just ordered a couple more spare mags from Wilson Combat. :D

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
LAX has it in stock or they did earlier this afternoon.

Reactions: ByrdMan

·
Registered
868 Posts
Has anyone heard of or shot this ammunition? It's manufactured new in the Czech Republic.

It only had one review but it was a good one. Just curious if anyone knows anything about it.
I've only fired it in 9mm. Pretty clean ammo.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts

I just bought 1,000 rounds of this ammo in .45 ACP, and it arrived yesterday. I took it to the range this morning and fired 50 rounds at 7 yds. from the sitting position with my elbows braced on the table. It sprayed quite a bit. Six rounds missed the paper altogether (low). Of the 50 rounds, none was above the center line of the target, and only one was to the right of the center line. I fired an additional 150 rounds of three different brands, and none was as far off the center of the target as the S&B.

I was shooting a Springfield XD-45 instead of my Kimber, but that shouldn't make any difference to the ammo. I had best results with RUAG 230 gr. FMJ (all rounds on the paper, and none outside the scoring circle). I was shooting at a Hoppe's "Competition 25 Yard Slow-Fire Pistol Target."

The gun is relatively new, so it is still breaking in. I am anxious to shoot the S&B ammo again the next time I go to the range to see if the "spraying" was the gun, or the ammo.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Better luck next time..
I have used S&B in both my PC2 45 & 9mm and it functioned very well from 10-15 yards.
I only switch brands when I found the Freedom Munitions ammo...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Used a fair bit in .22 hornet. Very accurate and no misfires. Seems pretty good. I have used their small pistol primers when I couldn't get federal,and had no problems.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Update

UPDATE:

I took both my Springfield XD-45 and my Kimber Custom Pro CDP II to the range yesterday. I wanted to test the S&B ammo a little more. I did not have a "Ransom Rest," so I sat with my elbows braced on the shooting table. I made sure I fired the S&B ammo from both guns (50 rounds from each), but only after they had first been fired with other ammo and were fully "warmed up."

RESULTS:

The S&B shot a fairly tight group through my Kimber, with one flyer that was off the paper. The same gun shot a group that was a little less tight with Remington UMC 230 gr. FMJ ammo, but with no flyers.

The XD-45 shot a looser group, but with two flyers that were off the paper. The S&B ammunition shot a tighter group than the CCI Blazer Aluminum-cased BALL ammunition that I also shot with the XD-45, so I would choose it over Blazer. YMMV.

BOTTOM LINE:

Would I buy and shoot S&B ammunition for practice? Yes!
Would I buy and use S&B ammunition for competition? No!

BTW, not surprisingly, the Kimber shoots tighter groups than the XD-45 with any ammunition.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I put another 116 rounds of S&B 230 gr. FMJ through my Custom Pro CDP II this morning. The more I shot, the tighter the groups. Overall, I was quite satisfied. One 50-round box only had 49 rounds in it, but it's still a bargain at the price I paid. I'd buy it again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts