Kimbertalk.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling a beautiful Fender Telecaster, Gold hardware, flamed maple top, a limited 50th anniversary edition with a limited run of 1250 on Craigslist with no takers. Got an email asking if I would trade for a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry ll. Went in to tell my lovely bride about a trade offer and she said "why is it someone always wants to trade you another guitar, You already have one and that is why you are selling it" (I have several). It is 4:30 a.m. and I am just getting ready for work so she is still half asleep. I said " no now listen, he wants to trade a Kimber 45 for it". She sits up in bed and shouts "DO IT!". The Kimber is now sitting in a Ca. gun shop waiting for me to cool off for 6 more days (4 days down already) before I can go pick it up. I have shot my Bass Players Kimber and now I will have my own to shoot. I am a Sig lover and my .357 P229 Enhanced Elite is my main carry weapon but i may enlist the services of this new Kimber also. I love to research and have figured out that I am an idiot for buying it on one site and on another it is one of the best guns on the market. One thing for sure is that I am going to find out because this beauty has found its new home! The way my wife is talking about the Kimber I just may lose it....... Oh well maybe she will let me shoot it!:p

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Welcome to the land of KT from St Lou and I can honestly say that's the first guitar for a Kimber story that I have ever heard...

Congrats and you will love that shooter for sure....It won't play you a song, but the sound of it going bang bang bang will be music to your ears.....:)

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Selling a beautiful Fender Telecaster,
Good on ya, Strings.
I might have chosen the guitar, but I don't have ANY guitars, and I don't even play. From where I'm sitting typing, Leo Fender's radio store is about three miles due south. The building still exists. One of my carry guns is a P229 in 357 Sig. It's the Plain Jane, OG model.

Enjoy the new Kimber.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Welcome from Northern Indiana Good choice on the Ultra carry I'm happy with mine

·
Super Moderator
37,303 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois stringplukker.

Reactions: stringplukker

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
StringPlukker, welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois, where our gun laws aren't as bad as CA ;-) Let us know how that first range session goes, and yes, you may lose an Ultra to the wife (DAMHIKT)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
StringPlukker, welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois, where our gun laws aren't as bad as CA ;-) Let us know how that first range session goes, and yes, you may lose an Ultra to the wife (DAMHIKT)
Yes and this last election and our Governor has made it worse on us. I believe at least 9 new gun laws. But it is all for the good of the criminals. They at least are happy. Us law abiders..... not so much. But thank you for the welcome! I will report back on the range session for sure.

·
Registered
13,543 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee! Sounds like you traded a fine guitar (which I know nothing about) but I do know your getting a fine pistol, I have six different Ultra's and you will enjoy it.

Reactions: stringplukker
1 - 20 of 27 Posts