Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to get the serial # from a potential purchase Solo STS do I call the factory to find out when it was produced or is there a list someplace? Is there a particular date when things somewhat turned around with the Solo's teething issues? Assuming there was a time when this took place. Doggone it I liked that gun I saw 2 days ago. It seemed to be custom made for my hands. I might be able to convince myself to pass on it if it were an early production gun that has been sitting around:rolleyes:.

Stay safe, John

·
Super Moderator
5,192 Posts
John, I'm not sure there is an answer to your question. Call Kimber customer service. They may be able to give you some insight.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Yes John, if you call customer service and give them the serial number they can tell you when it was made. I'm not aware of any particular date when the problems with Solo's started becoming fewer but it stands to reason that the newer the gun the greater the probability that any old problems have been corrected.

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Propsail.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Prop sail, can't make up your mind? Or, have a blow boat with a backup? :D Welcome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I won't be contacting CS until I have the funds ready to buy, and that may be a while with 2 engaged daughters. I wish it could be sooner than later, and I won't be deterred just delayed!

Stay safe, John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts