Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased the Kimber Solo a couple weeks ago and finally got a chance to shoot it and break it in. I had cleaned and oiled it before shooting. (I made sure the "spring" was right!)

I used Remington 124 grain hollow points. I shot 30 rounds of the ammo and it functioned perfectly without one FTF or FTE... just perfect with no problems at all!

I'm glad I purchased this self-defense tool and I'll continue to only shoot Remington 124 grain hollow points from here on out (I know it's expensive but I knew that was the case when I bought it.) My hide and my family's life are most definitely worth $25 for a box of premium ammo.

Safe shooting and enjoy your Kimbers!!
Lawdog

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Congratulations on a successful day at the range. Kimber makes some wonderful products. It's too bad we don't see more posts like yours. Thank you for that.

And, welcome to KimberTalk Logo most expensive.JPG and the addiction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When mine was back at Kimber for repair they fired American Eagle through it and it worked fine. since it's been home I've used that myself and it still works great. Its a little cheaper than the high dollar stuff you might give it a try for practice shooting.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Welcome to the forum from StLou and congrats with your Solo...
I broke mine in with Winchester Nato 124 and it loved all that I gave it..
Glad to hear a great story about the Solo right out the box...

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois and congratulations on the successful range trip with your new Solo.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Solo DC out of the box at the range

I rec'd my DC after quite a long wait to find one. I must say I was concerned as I had a CDP that simply did not hack the program. Anyway, I cleaned the gun, had 4 mags pre-packed with 124gr Federal Hydros, and 147 gr Lawman. I left for the range with much hope. Not to put to fine a point on it, but this little gun was clock-like in performance. I ended up shooting 90 rds, a mix of 124 Fed Hydros, 124 Olymipc (fmj)?, and 147 Lawman(fmj). Nary a anything! The first few rounds weren't exactly dead center, but the last 30 or so struck within a couple of inches of each other inside the red and at 20 feet, more than adequate for self defense. Will only get better after re-acquainting myself with this platform. This is not your original SOLO pistol. I think Kimber has improved it. I will get my show off pic posted later. Color me :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I very recently bought a used Solo but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. What is the situation with the "spring" setting I keep hearing about?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I very recently bought a used Solo but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. What is the situation with the "spring" setting I keep hearing about?
Read your owner's manual. When you re-assemble it, make sure the slide lock hooks under the slide spring on the left side of the pistol. There is a little indention in the part so that it picks up the spring.

If you didn't do it correctly, you will know because you will only have a single-shot pistol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Read your owner's manual. When you re-assemble it, make sure the slide lock hooks under the slide spring on the left side of the pistol. There is a little indention in the part so that it picks up the spring.

If you didn't do it correctly, you will know because you will only have a single-shot pistol.
I'm a new Solo owner too and can definitely confirm this is what will happen if you don't make sure you grab that spring. It's particularly umm embarrassing when you are shooting it for the first time and qualifying with it to use as your backup duty weapon. Once you know what your looking for it's easy to make sure it hooks properly and upon assembly making sure it's done.

Steve

·
Registered
593 Posts
Is it just me or is the "spring" a new item on the Solo? I don't remember it being an issue on the first gen Solo, nor the CDP I had for a while. Something I have also noticed is a different barrel shape? My CDP had what I thought were slide gouges in the barrel after initial range trip and when I returned it to Kimber, they said "nothing wrong". I really like the trigger on this DC. A little spongy for about 3/8 of an inch, then pow very sneaky like, it goes off with very little effort. The first range trip I actually had a couple of rounds get away from me and struck the target in an area that was not likely to have the result I would have liked. I am going on my second trip with the gun today and am a little more wise to the quick response of the set-up. Congrats on your new toy! :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is it just me or is the "spring" a new item on the Solo? I don't remember it being an issue on the first gen Solo, nor the CDP I had for a while.
The "spring" has been part of the Solo from the get-go. I wish Kimber did something other than that being part of assembly.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You are absolutely right Law, I guess I never found the thing "spring" to be much of an annoyance. Insert per the manual and there should be no problems. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts