Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 4th is almost here thought after seeing the comments from my last flag post it would be nice to see others flags and story if there is one. Your office your home, garage, basement wall or display case anything goes. Show us what you got.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Sorry it's a cloudy day. New flag two days ago

Attachments

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have any type of camera so I'll just tell you what I have."Old Glory" flies tall and proud in my front yard.The "Stars and Bars"flies proudly in my back yard.Behind me in my office area in a shadow box is the American flag that was presented to my mom when my father(WWII Vet.)passed away.
I can see them just fine with out the pictures Sir
Beautiful. Thank you

·
Administrator
39,581 Posts
I fly my flag weather permitting everyday, I don't have a light for it so I have to take it down every evening. I'll snap a picture tomorrow when I put it up.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Here Ya Go!!!

Here is my flag; day and night. Under the flag is my collection of yard toys.

Window Property Building Plant Brickwork
Flag of the united states Window Flag Plant Tints and shades

Smile Light Purple Violet Font

The gnome is there just cause I like him. The moose (which is a bobble-head) represents my son's time in Alaska and then I asked my son to scrounge up a carved hula girl in Hawaii. He spoke to a native Hawaiian making carvings outside the commissary and was advised that it is against Hawaiian beliefs to carve an image of a hula girl. So, being a quick thinker, my son commissioned the Polynesian tikki that sits under the flag. This represents his time at the Hawaiian duty station. Next up will be a carving of a German mountaineer in lederhosen when he is transferred to The Rose Barracks in Vilseck, Germany!!

Last of all, the Zombie Gnome that my son, his wife and the grandkids sent for Father's Day!!! I Love It!!! They know that I like zombies and gnomes!! What could be better??
Jaw Gesture Creative arts Sculpture Art

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for this thread, Zoomy!! Good stuff!!!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

View attachment 6999 View attachment 7000
View attachment 6998 View attachment 6998 View attachment 6998 View attachment 6998 View attachment 6998 View attachment 6998

The gnome is there just cause I like him. The moose (which is a bobble-head) represents my son's time in Alaska and the I asked my son to scrounge up a carved hula girl in Hawaii. He spoke to a native Hawaiian making carvings outside the commissary and was advised that it is against Hawaiian beliefs to carve and image of a hula girl. So, being a quick thinker, my son commissioned the Polynesian tikki that sits under the flag. This represents his time at the Hawaiian duty station. Next up will be a carving of a German mountaineer in lederhosen when he is transferred to The Rose Barracks in Vilseck, Germany!!

Last of all, the Zombie Gnome that my son, his wife and the grandkids sent for Father's Day!!! I Love It!!! They know that I like zombies and gnomes!! What could be better??
View attachment 7001

Lineman,you're certaainly on the right forum for Zombies and Gnomes!:D

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

View attachment 6999 View attachment 7000
View attachment 6998 View attachment 6998 View attachment 6998 View attachment 6998 View attachment 6998 View attachment 6998

The gnome is there just cause I like him. The moose (which is a bobble-head) represents my son's time in Alaska and the I asked my son to scrounge up a carved hula girl in Hawaii. He spoke to a native Hawaiian making carvings outside the commissary and was advised that it is against Hawaiian beliefs to carve and image of a hula girl. So, being a quick thinker, my son commissioned the Polynesian tikki that sits under the flag. This represents his time at the Hawaiian duty station. Next up will be a carving of a German mountaineer in lederhosen when he is transferred to The Rose Barracks in Vilseck, Germany!!

View attachment 7001

That is one cool ass dude right there. Lol My first ever zombie nome

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Just put up a brand new pole, flag and light about a month ago. Got tired of the pole on house routine. What inspired me was all the anti America bullshit going on. I said fudge 'em, got me some concrete, shovel and away I went.

The flags I usually fly are flags I order from Pearl Harbor. When I visited the Memorial back in '87, I was so inspired, awe struck and heart wrenched, that I would honor those spirits the rest of my life. I tear up every time I recall my visit, just like I'm teared up right now typing this.

They will fly a flag over the monument any day for you and you can order it. You can also order one flown on Dec 7th. I have one of them in a flag presentation case in my den. The one in the photos is not a PH flag. I had to retire my old one due to age, but I will order another one asap.
You can rest assure, I will protect her from harm. I pray no one messes with her, because I will stomp the shit out of them! Ol' Glory, I salute you!

Sorry for the crooked photos. Must of been dizzy that day. The pole is perfectly plumb. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Hey, Chuck, the solar powered flood lights aren't very expensive and do a pretty fair job of illuminating our flag all night.

·
Administrator
39,581 Posts
The problem is two fold Gary, first there's a big tree in front of the house shading it and the second is that the house faces north so it never sees the sun.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
The problem is two fold Gary, first there's a big tree in front of the house shading it and the second is that the house faces north so it never sees the sun.
Those are two significant problems to solar lighting. Our house faces west, no trees, so getting a full charge isn't a problem.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
I am going to join in but I had to order some new flags for outside the house. I will post again with pics when I get them displayed.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Reinforcements If Needed!!!

Just put up a brand new pole, flag and light about a month ago. Got tired of the pole on house routine. What inspired me was all the anti America bullshit going on. I said fudge 'em, got me some concrete, shovel and away I went.

The flags I usually fly are flags I order from Pearl Harbor. When I visited the Memorial back in '87, I was so inspired, awe struck and heart wrenched, that I would honor those spirits the rest of my life. I tear up every time I recall my visit, just like I'm teared up right now typing this.

They will fly a flag over the monument any day for you and you can order it. You can also order one flown on Dec 7th. I have one of them in a flag presentation case in my den. The one in the photos is not a PH flag. I had to retire my old one due to age, but I will order another one asap.
You can rest assure, I will protect her from harm. I pray no one messes with her, because I will stomp the shit out of them! Ol' Glory, I salute you!

Sorry for the crooked photos. Must of been dizzy that day. The pole is perfectly plumb. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey John, if you need reinforcements to stomp some sense into some low-life liberal butts for messing with "our flag", just look to the South!!! Straight from the heart of beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia, the Lineman will be more than happy to join in! You'll have to forgive the "Rebel Yell" while we commence to thrashin' on 'em!!! YEE HAW!!! :eek::eek:

American, Southern and Proud!!!

Great pictures and heck, you got 2 out of 3 straight!! Any ball player that could hit 666 would be considered a super star!!! Look at it in that light!!! :D:D:D:D

Went to Pearl Harbor last year (a life long desire) while in Hawaii visiting my son. I'm with you, it is an awe inspiring place!
Water Sky Cloud Flag Facade

1 - 20 of 37 Posts