Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kind of a boring range report, which is standard for this gun. LOVE THIS PISTOL!! Easy to shoot & makes me look good! :D:D:D:D

Wish it had a manual safety & could be a defense gun for me - maybe it should weigh a bit less too... It's the Stainless Elite version.

Shot 100 rounds, center target was at 10 yards, others were at 7 yards. Green center is 1 inch diameter. My husband did the target on the lower LEFT. Apparently I could use some practice at longer distances! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Kind of a boring range report, which is standard for this gun. LOVE THIS PISTOL!! Easy to shoot & makes me look good! :D:D:D:D

Wish it had a manual safety & could be a defense gun for me - maybe it should weigh a bit less too... It's the Stainless Elite version.
Shot 100 rounds, center target was at 10 yards, others were at 7 yards. Green center is 1 inch diameter. My husband did the target on the lower LEFT. Apparently I could use some practice at longer distances! :eek:
Tough to beat a Sig for reliability/accuracy, nice shooting BTW.
As for the manual safety/weight issue, have you handled one of the HK compacts? It could suit your needs. The HK trigger breaks lighter, but the reset is not as clean as the Sig. But I prefer the trigger break of the HK despite the funky reset. Both of mine have been 100% and that means everything to me for carry.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Nice shooting. Is the Sig P226 the one similar to Kimber's Micro?
Can you explain how the safety works on a P226?

·
Super Moderator
38,337 Posts
Nice shooting. Is the Sig P226 the one similar to Kimber's Micro?

No the Sig P226 is not similar to the Kimber Micro Carry, that would be the Sig P238. The P238 and Micro Carry are both SA only with manual safety's just like a 1911. The Sig P226 is a DA/SA with no manual safety.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
P226 is a wonderfull gun,I carried one for the last 11 years of my LEO career.It is also issued to the USN SEALS,but with a phosphate finish on the internals and controls as a rust inhibitor.I wouldn't trade it for anything else.I still have my duty weapon and have also got the P226 Mk25.:D

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry I was absent for all the questions. Thanks to others for filling in! :)

Yes, the Sig P226 is a full size 9mm with DA/SA & a decocker instead of a manual safety. Mine is the Stainless Elite model.

The rosewood grips are stock, I changed to G10 grips recently to get a slightly thinner grip for my small hands - really changed the overall look of the pistol too!

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Love my P226 too!!!

Sorry I was absent for all the questions. Thanks to others for filling in! :)

Yes, the Sig P226 is a full size 9mm with DA/SA & a decocker instead of a manual safety. Mine is the Stainless Elite model.

The rosewood grips are stock, I changed to G10 grips recently to get a slightly thinner grip for my small hands - really changed the overall look of the pistol too!
Hey Chickadee!! I own a Sig P226R (my first firearm) and absolutely love it and trust it with my life. I conceal carry my kimber 1911 but the Sig P226R is my home defense gun. I have medium to large size hands but I too like thinner grips because I can shoot more accurately with it. I recommend changing the grips to E2 style grips because that is the thinnest you can get for the Sig P226 platform. Has a nice texture on it and allows you to hold it up high and not get slide bite. I'll post a pic of my Sig when I get home to show ya.

P.S. - I have well over 8k rounds in my Sig 9mm and its never failed to amaze me.

-Shin0bi1

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Chickadee!! I own a Sig P226R (my first firearm) and absolutely love it and trust it with my life. I conceal carry my kimber 1911 but the Sig P226R is my home defense gun. I have medium to large size hands but I too like thinner grips because I can shoot more accurately with it. I recommend changing the grips to E2 style grips because that is the thinnest you can get for the Sig P226 platform. Has a nice texture on it and allows you to hold it up high and not get slide bite. I'll post a pic of my Sig when I get home to show ya.

P.S. - I have well over 8k rounds in my Sig 9mm and its never failed to amaze me.

-Shin0bi1
I did look at the E2 grips - just didn't like the looks. The G10 grips I installed are just slightly thicker than the E2's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts