Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 365xl with a Holosun optic to slip into the carry rotation.
I wanted an optic on a carry sized gun.
I've heard a ton of good things about this gun from friends that carry them, and read countless posts from members here that love them.
I like the capacity in such a thin package, and the options available to use thicker grip frames.

Trigger is very nice, but the Mako has a better trigger.
Magazine springs are stiff.
Like HK stiff.
I had problems loading 12 rounds, but after leaving them loaded overnight, and working them a little, they seem to be getting better.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Air gun Trigger Wood Combat pistol shooting Gun barrel

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice. Now head over to MagGuts and update the mags to give ya 14+1….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
👍
Thanks for reminding me.
Just ordered two.

I would like to try either the Wilson or one of those Armory Craft grip modules, but I need to shoot it for a while to be sure there isn't any issues.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

Thanks for reminding me.
Just ordered two.

I would like to try either the Wilson or one of those Armory Craft grip modules, but I need to shoot it for a while to be sure there isn't any issues.
Ya shouldn’t have any probs I hope. I put the Wilson on my M18. Nice grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
923 Posts
Just picked up a 365xl with a Holosun optic to slip into the carry rotation.
I wanted an optic on a carry sized gun.
I've heard a ton of good things about this gun from friends that carry them, and read countless posts from members here that love them.
I like the capacity in such a thin package, and the options available to use thicker grip frames.

Trigger is very nice, but the Mako has a better trigger.
Magazine springs are stiff.
Like HK stiff.
I had problems loading 12 rounds, but after leaving them loaded overnight, and working them a little, they seem to be getting better.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

View attachment 131749
You’ll like it buddy! Good,solid gun. Mine is very accurate and reliable with the factory night sights. Optics should make it even more consistent! ENJOY THE SNOT OUT OF IT!!!

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
You won't be disappointed. The P365 is a terrific carry pistol. The Wilson grip frame is an inexpensive but useful upgrade.

I first went with a Grayguns grip frame because at the time Wilson was back ordered and they had no option for the safety cut. I remain happy with the Grayguns pistol.

I added a Wilson grip frame to another P365 later on - but sold it when I switched to the Hellcat. I preferred it over the Grayguns upgrade but not by a huge margin. I never saw the need to add the tungsten weights to the Wilson. But that's a nice option to have. For me... the lighter, the better with an EDC.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far I like it.
Here's the thing..
I'm not really excited about it.
But, if it performs like everyone says, I'm sure I'll warm up to it.

It's tight.
No wobbles or anything.
Feeds the first round kinda strangely on a full mag, but that might work itself out with a few rounds.

I like that it's thin, it feels good and fits my hand well, but then again I don't like that it's thin, and it feels weird.

I'm willing to give it some time, and maybe swap into a new grip module.

I Love the optic.
407k Holosun with shake awake. 50k hours om setting 6. Rear notch for using irons.
Well worth $150.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
So far I like it.
Here's the thing..

It's tight.
No wobbles or anything.
Feeds the first round kinda strangely on a full mag, but that might work itself out with a few rounds.

I like that it's thin, it feels good and fits my hand well, but then again I don't like that it's thin, and it feels weird.

I Love the optic.
407k Holosun with shake awake. 50k hours om setting 6. Rear notch for using irons.
Well worth $150.
I put a Hogue Hand all on mine to increase the grip width and it worked out great. Mine shoots to point of aim. It ejects spent casings to the same spot everytime. I could probably set a bucket down and catch all of them. The flat trigger is nice..my Shield Plus is nicer. I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy it. We'll be waiting on a range report.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
So far I like it.
Here's the thing..

It's tight.
No wobbles or anything.

I Love the optic.
Well worth $150.
It’s not an Ultra which is what you are use to. To different animals. Before I switched to Kimber 1911 I had a Hellcat nice gun but was not able to bond with it. you are more experienced than I am with guns, I’m sure you will warm up to it.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
It’s not an Ultra which is what you are use to. To different animals. Before I switched to Kimber 1911 I had a Hellcat nice gun but was not able to bond with it. you are more experienced than I am with guns, I’m sure you will warm up to it.
There's no such thing as too rich or too thin. :)

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice .. good choice for optics .. :)
6 months in I still have problem loading 12 round by hands .. UPLULA for now
Get Wilson Combat XL grip module .. you will like it more ..
The Sig Zero optic just looked cheap to me with the plastic hood, and didn't seem worth the added cost for the package.
The Holosun has a metal hood and the dot just looked very crisp and more well defined.
The other features are longer battery life, control lock, and shake awake.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The Sig Zero optic just looked cheap to me with the plastic hood, and didn't seem worth the added cost for the package.
The Holosun has a metal hood and the dot just looked very crisp and more well defined.
RomeoZero Elite with reticle is not that bad .. it has carbon steel mix housing.. I dropped it twice no problem so far ..I hate steel shroud though , so big and ugly.
I got it from Blk.Friday almost half price compared to Holosun 507k
The good thing about Sig P365 is you can upgrade any way you want .. just like AR15 .. 😆
Happy shooting

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
You have to go with the Romeo Pro to get the metal case. The Romeo Elite is mostly plastic but it is durable. Also has a co-witness sight built in, which I like. I haven't had any issues with the Baseline Romeo Zero or the Elite. I don't baby my EDCs and the Siog RDS optics have held up well.

Regarding Sigs, I tend to put Sig optics on my Sig firearms. Other guns are a mixed bag. Mostly Vortex.

Lots of people like Holosun. If you follow the money the CCP owns a big chunk of Holosun. Not just Made in China, owned by Commies. They got caught stealing IP from US-based Trijicon. Got sued and settled. So I have avoided them in spite of temptation.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RomeoZero Elite is not that bad .. it has carbon steel mix housing.. I dropped it twice no problem so far ..I hate steel shroud though , so big and ugly.
I got it from Blk.Friday almost half price compared to Holosun 507k
The good thing about Sig P365 is you can upgrade any way you want .. just like AR15 .. 😆
Happy shooting
My Holosun 407k was $150.

You have to go with the Romeo Pro to get the metal case. The Romeo Elite is mostly plastic but it is durable. Also has a co-witness sight built in, which I like. I haven't had any issues with the Baseline Romeo Zero or the Elite. I don't baby my EDCs and the Siog RDS optics have held up well.

Regarding Sigs, I tend to put Sig optics on my Sig firearms. Other guns are a mixed bag. Mostly Vortex.

Lots of people like Holosun. If you follow the money the CCP owns a big chunk of Holosun. Not just Made in China, owned by Commies. They got caught stealing IP from US-based Trijicon. Got sued and settled. So I have avoided them in spite of temptation.
Sig Romeo zero optics are made in China, and "Assembled in the US".

Some of their mid tier scopes (Whiskey) are made in the Philippines, but make no mistake the red dots are Chinese tech, and reportedly, a Holosun clone.

Here is a response from Sig regarding their Romeo 4m optic.

Hello XXXXX-

Thank you for your SIG business. The serial number that you have provided was manufactured in China.

We did move assembly to California on the R4 line and some R4M were assembled there. Currently we assemble all the R4/R6 items in CA.

Have a great weekend.

Craig P.

Sales Operations Support Manager, Electro-Optics Division

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
"Owned By" and "Made In" are the distinction. Some care, some don't. It's a frequent topic of discussion since 2009.

It's just about impossible to buy an electronic device not made in China or someplace in Southeast Asia. The company ownership... that's a bit different. China's rampant theft of IP from companies in the west doesn't sit well with me. I witnessed a lot of that in my former life. Up close enough where I turned people into the FBI on suspicion of espionage. When I say people I mean Chinese nationals working as contractors in the US.

Reactions: PaulR

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hell .. even Apple Inc. has 90% products make in China ..
Stupid Steve Job Announced he'll never bring Apple back to US ..
I hate him so much .. good thing he's dead already .. !!
Most Holosun products make in china too .. ???

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts