Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
You won't be disappointed. The P365 is a terrific carry pistol. The Wilson grip frame is an inexpensive but useful upgrade.

I first went with a Grayguns grip frame because at the time Wilson was back ordered and they had no option for the safety cut. I remain happy with the Grayguns pistol.

I added a Wilson grip frame to another P365 later on - but sold it when I switched to the Hellcat. I preferred it over the Grayguns upgrade but not by a huge margin. I never saw the need to add the tungsten weights to the Wilson. But that's a nice option to have. For me... the lighter, the better with an EDC.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
It’s not an Ultra which is what you are use to. To different animals. Before I switched to Kimber 1911 I had a Hellcat nice gun but was not able to bond with it. you are more experienced than I am with guns, I’m sure you will warm up to it.
There's no such thing as too rich or too thin. :)

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
The Sig Zero optic just looked cheap to me with the plastic hood, and didn't seem worth the added cost for the package.
The Holosun has a metal hood and the dot just looked very crisp and more well defined.
The other features are longer battery life, control lock, and shake awake.
You have to go with the Romeo Pro to get the metal case. The Romeo Elite is mostly plastic but it is durable. Also has a co-witness sight built in, which I like. I haven't had any issues with the Baseline Romeo Zero or the Elite. I don't baby my EDCs and the Siog RDS optics have held up well.

Regarding Sigs, I tend to put Sig optics on my Sig firearms. Other guns are a mixed bag. Mostly Vortex.

Lots of people like Holosun. If you follow the money the CCP owns a big chunk of Holosun. Not just Made in China, owned by Commies. They got caught stealing IP from US-based Trijicon. Got sued and settled. So I have avoided them in spite of temptation.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
"Owned By" and "Made In" are the distinction. Some care, some don't. It's a frequent topic of discussion since 2009.

It's just about impossible to buy an electronic device not made in China or someplace in Southeast Asia. The company ownership... that's a bit different. China's rampant theft of IP from companies in the west doesn't sit well with me. I witnessed a lot of that in my former life. Up close enough where I turned people into the FBI on suspicion of espionage. When I say people I mean Chinese nationals working as contractors in the US.

Reactions: PaulR

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Get the Wilson grip frame. You won't regret it. I prefer the Hellcat. I wouldn't go so far as to say Springfield is superior to the P365, it just works slightly better for me. I switched from the P365 to the Hellcat for my EDC as I have mentioned many times.

The 365 and the 320 platforms are awesome. It took me a while to accept Sig polymer frame guns. I was die-hard loyalist to the metal Sigs, having carried a P226 in .40. Right around the time the P365 emerged and the 320 along with the M17-18 I became a believer. I took an advanced CQB course in Tucson and decided to bring my P320 vs. one of my beloved Beretta 92's, P226 or a 1911. I performed like [email protected]#$%ing John Wick.

The debate about what is a better, more reliable, more accurate pistol will rage on until all the old timers who made their bones with 1911's are dead. I see both points of view. I have an affection for all guns. Old and new. But it is not my nature to live in the past.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I've seen those.
They are cool and all, but that grip module, barrel and comp package cost more than I paid for the gun.
I would have to LOVE this thing to spend another $600+ on accessories.
I hear that. Why they ask the price of a complete gun is a head-scratcher. But it does look well made and the tooling to make it is very expensive. I do some work now and then for the US subsidiary of a leading German CNC tooling maker. The cost of those machines is in the stratosphere.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
The only ammo my P365 (and a few others) didnt like was aluminum case FMJ. Frequent FTEs. No biggie. It ate every mainstream hollow point I fed it. Great pistol. Easy to conceal too.

Nice BUL. I have looked at those from time to time. Mainly in 9mm. I really like the SAS Ultralight w/ 3.5 barrel. Nobody nearby stocks BUL, so I have to drool over them online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts