Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hell .. even Apple Inc. has 90% products make in China ..
Stupid Steve Job Announced he'll never bring Apple back to US ..
I hate him so much .. good thing he's dead already .. !!
Most Holosun products make in china too .. ???
The Romeo elite Zero is assembled in the USA, but manufactured in China.

Straight from Sig's website.

"Owned By" and "Made In" are the distinction. Some care, some don't. It's a frequent topic of discussion since 2009.

It's just about impossible to buy an electronic device not made in China or someplace in Southeast Asia. The company ownership... that's a bit different. China's rampant theft of IP from companies in the west doesn't sit well with me. I witnessed a lot of that in my former life. Up close enough where I turned people into the FBI on suspicion of espionage. When I say people I mean Chinese nationals working as contractors in the US.
Holosun inc has corporate offices in California and Texas, but are primarily a Chinese company, with manufacturing located in China.

I try to support American made because I own an American company myself , but the reality is quite different.
Sig Romeo Optics are manufactured in the same Chinese city (Shenzhen) as Holosun, and the parts shipped to Oregon to be screwed together.
Holosun just makes a better optic with more features, for less money.

I would love to buy $500 USA made Trijicon optics for all my handguns, but I just can't spend that much on a product that is overpriced due to government purchase contracts.
I don't rock $400 surefire flashlights either for that same reason.

If Trijicon actually wanted to support US civilian sales, they would get their hearts right.

I hate Russia, but will buy all the cheap 7.62x39 commie ammo for cheap that I can get my hands on, and so will every other American that's shoots it.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
All moot at this point. China has their claws in everyone.

As far as the Holosuns like the 407k line which is direct fit w/o a plate, I do miss the solar part of it. I have those options on all my rifles and bigger handguns.

But Holo will be soon releasing their ESP Carry line designed with low profile and enclosed system. But what I’m really after is they have added the solar window back.

Important on a/my carry. You are either too bright from adjusting for outside coming in or vice-versa. Pain to find the sweet spot. I carry inside and outside most of the time. Without the solar option it sux. With my others, its just right in or out.

They were supposed to be out already, but they are nowhere to be found yet. When they do, my p365 will get one. They will also not require a plate. May sell my other K line models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
837 Posts
Just picked up a 365xl with a Holosun optic to slip into the carry rotation.
I wanted an optic on a carry sized gun.
I've heard a ton of good things about this gun from friends that carry them, and read countless posts from members here that love them.
I like the capacity in such a thin package, and the options available to use thicker grip frames.

Trigger is very nice, but the Mako has a better trigger.
Magazine springs are stiff.
Like HK stiff.
I had problems loading 12 rounds, but after leaving them loaded overnight, and working them a little, they seem to be getting better.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

View attachment 131749
did you have to use a separate plate to mount? I just ordered 507-X2 for my P365X

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I stopped on the way home from the auction and ran 3 1/2 boxes of mixed ammo (175 rounds) through the gun and zeroed the dot.

Some weak 124gr YTR brand fmj, some cheap WWB JHP, some hot 115g fmj Maxx tech, and some 147g Browning.

It ate everything, and ran like a swiss watch.
It was just a quick range session with a brand new gun so it's going to take some time to get used to it.
I was easily able to ring 8" steel at 50 yards.
I was pleasantly impressed.
Trigger feels better when shooting than dry firing.
I'll need to take it out a few more times, and run another few hundred rounds through it before I carry it, but so far it's good to go.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Get the Wilson grip frame. You won't regret it. I prefer the Hellcat. I wouldn't go so far as to say Springfield is superior to the P365, it just works slightly better for me. I switched from the P365 to the Hellcat for my EDC as I have mentioned many times.

The 365 and the 320 platforms are awesome. It took me a while to accept Sig polymer frame guns. I was die-hard loyalist to the metal Sigs, having carried a P226 in .40. Right around the time the P365 emerged and the 320 along with the M17-18 I became a believer. I took an advanced CQB course in Tucson and decided to bring my P320 vs. one of my beloved Beretta 92's, P226 or a 1911. I performed like [email protected]#$%ing John Wick.

The debate about what is a better, more reliable, more accurate pistol will rage on until all the old timers who made their bones with 1911's are dead. I see both points of view. I have an affection for all guns. Old and new. But it is not my nature to live in the past.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I'm getting the Wilson grip frame, and a couple of Mag guts +2 kits.
I like the overall size of the 365xl but the thin grip is a smidge too thin. I think the Wilson grip will fix that

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
did you have to use a separate plate to mount? I just ordered 507-X2 for my P365X
Ya bought the wrong one. The ‘K’ is a direct fit. No plate needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Icarus Precision has a billet grip module for the P365. An option to consider if you prefer metal. About double the weight of the OEM part.

Read about it but don't have one. The barrel/comp bundle is interesting. Store | Icarus Precision LLC
I've seen those.
They are cool and all, but that grip module, barrel and comp package cost more than I paid for the gun.
I would have to LOVE this thing to spend another $600+ on accessories.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I've seen those.
They are cool and all, but that grip module, barrel and comp package cost more than I paid for the gun.
I would have to LOVE this thing to spend another $600+ on accessories.
I hear that. Why they ask the price of a complete gun is a head-scratcher. But it does look well made and the tooling to make it is very expensive. I do some work now and then for the US subsidiary of a leading German CNC tooling maker. The cost of those machines is in the stratosphere.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I hear that. Why they ask the price of a complete gun is a head-scratcher. But it does look well made and the tooling to make it is very expensive. I do some work now and then for the US subsidiary of a leading German CNC tooling maker. The cost of those machines is in the stratosphere.
Yep.
And I wish them "good luck with their project"...lol
It's a solution in search of a problem.

They do look awesome, but a 365 is never gonna be worth $1300.
Drop that frame price down to $150 and they would sell out every one they could make, as fast as they listed them.
The size and weight of the 365 are it's strength.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Stopped by the LGS to grab some defense 9mm so I can see if the Sig will run them, and one of the boys was heading to the range nearby to sight in a scope so I tagged along.

Ran 24 Hornady 115g ftx critical defense ammo smooth as butter.
I think this gun will be good to go.

Went back to the shop, and impulse bought a 1911.

Stainless BUL commander in .45 acp.
😁

Air gun Trigger Material property Tool Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Tool Gun accessory

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stopped by the LGS to grab some defense 9mm so I can see if the Sig will run them, and one of the boys was heading to the range nearby to sight in a scope so I tagged along.

😁

View attachment 131849 View attachment 131850
You are on a roll sir! That's like what 3 this month?!

·
Registered
15,763 Posts

😁

L. View attachment 131849 View attachment 131850
You did well Grasshopper!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
The only ammo my P365 (and a few others) didnt like was aluminum case FMJ. Frequent FTEs. No biggie. It ate every mainstream hollow point I fed it. Great pistol. Easy to conceal too.

Nice BUL. I have looked at those from time to time. Mainly in 9mm. I really like the SAS Ultralight w/ 3.5 barrel. Nobody nearby stocks BUL, so I have to drool over them online.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The only ammo my P365 (and a few others) didnt like was aluminum case FMJ. Frequent FTEs. No biggie. It ate every mainstream hollow point I fed it. Great pistol. Easy to conceal too.

Nice BUL. I have looked at those from time to time. Mainly in 9mm. I really like the SAS Ultralight w/ 3.5 barrel. Nobody nearby stocks BUL, so I have to drool over them online.
That looks like a sweet gun. I too have yet to see a BUL in my LGS.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

My LGS has a standing order with a distributor for an SAS UL 3.5 Optic ready.

That looks like a sweet gun. I too have yet to see a BUL in my LGS.
BUL 1911s are nice guns.
I also have Government and Commander in 9mm.
They are built very well, have alot of features that would cost alot more on any other brand.
The one above was $725.

That's the last of my gun budget for a while unless I strike gold at an auction..lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My LGS has a standing order with a distributor for an SAS UL 3.5 Optic ready.

BUL 1911s are nice guns.
I also have Government and Commander in 9mm.
They are built very well, have alot of features that would cost alot more on any other brand.
The one above was $725.

That's the last of my gun budget for a while unless I strike gold at an auction..lol.
I feel you pain there. I won't get anything else this year unless I choose to trade other guns in.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts