Kimber Talk Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
That depends a lot on the type of ammo you're using...the bullet weight and the charge behind it. Those are all factors in point of aim vs point of impact.
Image 3 but I tilt my head a bit to the right, due to vision. Range ammo is 9mm 124 gr

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Sight picture TWO! But you should test your pistol.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Door #2 is the winner but...

...more important is keeping the front sight "in focus" rather than the target. Let the bulls eye be blurry keep your eye on the front sight. Combine that with proper trigger pull and you'll be good 👍🏻

Have fun at the range and post up a few pics ☺

·
Registered
229 Posts
At this point it looks like you are either going for the throat, heart, or groin.
My congratulations. Any one is a take out.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Anyone know what correct sight picture is for Ultra Carry II?
My, oh my.
You asked the Kimber Forum, where one would expect to get a concise answer to a very specific question.
But from the varied responses, it would seem that the proper sight picture is whatever you "feel" good about.

I can only imagine how one might score a shooting competition where the standards allowed shooting in whatever way felt good. The targets would look like they were hit with a shotgun blast, and everyone would go home with a Participation Trophy.

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My, oh my.
You asked the Kimber Forum, where one would expect to get a concise answer to a very specific question.
But from the varied responses, it would seem that the proper sight picture is whatever you "feel" good about.

I can only imagine how one might score a shooting competition where the standards allowed shooting in whatever way felt good. The targets would look like they were hit with a shotgun blast, and everyone would go home with a Participation Trophy.
Lol.... Should have been more specific. What does Kimber say is the correct sight picture for Ultra Carry II factory sights?

·
Registered
229 Posts
The ultra carry is no different than any other sight.
Spend a few bucks and take it to the range. # 2 is where experts shoot for a bulls eye
1, 2 or 3 is where potential victims shoot.
If you take the time to lineup a #2 sight picture for an assailant, I will send flowers to your funeral and take your wife out for dinner.

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The ultra carry is no different than any other sight.
Spend a few bucks and take it to the range. # 2 is where experts shoot for a bulls eye
1, 2 or 3 is where potential victims shoot.
If you take the time to lineup a #2 sight picture for an assailant, I will send flowers to your funeral and take your wife out for dinner.
No SHIT sherlock!!!! Just asked a simple question for those that have same gun. Sight picture and point of impact are different on some of my other handguns !!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.