Kimber Talk Forums banner

Slide release is very hard to press

4K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Argee 
Both.

On a one way range with a M9 your slide was usually locked back as you walked onto the range. Rolling outside of the wire the slide was typically forward, you could lock it back but none of our magazines were empty at that point

To clarify my previous post the slingshot is my preferred method. Now, sometimes it was just easier to just thumb the slide stop. To make that as easy as possible when I need it to work most of my pistols do get enlarged slide stop levers if the OEM ones are too small. As you mentioned the Glock one is pretty small, that is one of the first things I do to my Glocks.

Jesus Alphabet! How do you say that Sir?!?

You are correct, different manual of arms. The M9 wasn’t bad really, a lot of the early problems seem to have been ammunition related. The beat down and worn out ones would disassemble themselves if you shook them a certain way. A newer one would be good to go though.

I was taught to do both by my NCO’s back when I was just a dumb private. It stuck and was there when it was needed. Made sure that my joes had it ingrained both ways.

Anyways, here’s what the M9 book said about it.

Font Parallel Paper Illustration Paper product
Font Publication Paper Paper product Parallel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.