Kimber Talk Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think I know the problem here. The discussion starter likes to talk but not listen. Out of 19 posts up to now I think 15 are written by him.
Good, bad, and inbetween, I am letting others know my experiences with my Kimber Micro 9.
Today I submitted a complaint against kimber’s quality control department. Like gun ownership, we have freedom of speech in the United States.
It is interesting you appear to deflect focus from the quality of kimber’s guns to a personal quality of me.

I’ll continue to talk about my personal experience with Kimber customer service and the malfunctions of my Kimber micro 9. You have the right to deflect focus on my personality characteristics.
As they say, if you can’t support your argument factually, attack the person.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good, bad, and inbetween, I am letting others know my experiences with my Kimber Micro 9.
Today I submitted a complaint against kimber’s quality control department. Like gun ownership, we have freedom of speech in the United States.
It is interesting you appear to deflect focus from the quality of kimber’s guns to a personal quality of me.

I’ll continue to talk about my personal experience with Kimber customer service and the malfunctions of my Kimber micro 9. You have the right to deflect focus on my personality characteristics.
As they say, if you can’t support your argument factually, attack the person.
Well have you actually went back and read your posts and the answers from others. You never fully discribe your issues and then go on ranting about Kimber's customer service. Nobody else on here has the issues with service you have had. I'm not saying anything about you it just seems weird. Maybe you did get a lemon but not all of Kimbers are like that. For everyone like your there are hundreds that function fine. That to me makes Kimber a great company not a bad one. I have had issues with guns from every manufacturer I can think of. If you want real problems go buy a Walther PK380. Besides being clunky, they are not very well made.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well have you actually went back and read your posts and the answers from others. You never fully discribe your issues and then go on ranting about Kimber's customer service. Nobody else on here has the issues with service you have had. I'm not saying anything about you it just seems weird. Maybe you did get a lemon but not all of Kimbers are like that. For everyone like your there are hundreds that function fine. That to me makes Kimber a great company not a bad one. I have had issues with guns from every manufacturer I can think of. If you want real problems go buy a Walther PK380. Besides being clunky, they are not very well made.
You have a valid point that I am only talking about my poor experience with customer service and Kimber not fixing my pistol after 3 attempts and now on the fourth attempt.

Talking specifics, when I initially called Kimber and conveyed my pistol was jamming when manually ejecting bullets (I loaded a magazine at home prior to actually shooting it at the range), customer service repeatedly told me to shoot it 500 times before they wanted me to send it in. I replied to them that I couldn’t shoot it 500 times until the jamming issue was resolved. Then they said my pistol wasn’t under warranty despite me buying it in 2-21. To kimber’s credit they finally admitted it was under warranty per my persistence. Kimber also told me that their warranty did not cover jamming. These are examples of why I am not satisfied with customer service. I am not satisfied with Kimber fixing my gun yet because every time they send it back there is a new issue and/or the past issue isn’t resolved.

I have listened to several individuals on this forum and have conveyed their ideas to Kimber.

·
Registered
101 Posts
When you are cycling the gun by hand are you slingshotting it every time not just the first round? Are you forcefully pulling it back so that the shell hits the ejector with enough force to spit it out beyond the ejection port? Those are common errors that people have when "dry run testing" a semiauto firearm that result in a malfunction.

·
Registered
101 Posts
As for the slide stop sliding out during firing it sounds like you have been removing the retention spring when field stripping your gun. You manual clearly tels you not to teardown your gun any further than discribe in the manual. Removing that spring repeatedly can weaken it. Read your manual before operating anything mechanical.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
When you are cycling the gun by hand are you slingshotting it every time not just the first round? Are you forcefully pulling it back so that the shell hits the ejector with enough force to spit it out beyond the ejection port? Those are common errors that people have when "dry run testing" a semiauto firearm that result in a malfunction.
I cycled the pistol correctly. Never had any problems cycling any other pistol. Bullets jammed in my micro 9 when I first purchased it. I sent it to Kimber and they fixed it and it has not jammed again when I cycled it. I am human and can make mistakes. I am humble. I also had one other person cycle the gun after it jammed with me. It jammed with him too. It was a malfunction with the pistol, not user error. Upon Kimber fixing the jamming issue, and returning the pistol, yet another malfunction happened. Then the cycle of different malfunctions continued, as my micro 9 will arrive today at Kimber in Troy, Alabama for a fourth time.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I cycled the pistol correctly. Never had any problems cycling any other pistol. Bullets jammed in my micro 9 when I first purchased it. I sent it to Kimber and they fixed it and it has not jammed again when I cycled it. I am human and can make mistakes. I am humble. I also had one other person cycle the gun after it jammed with me. It jammed with him too. It was a malfunction with the pistol, not user error. Upon Kimber fixing the jamming issue, and returning the pistol, yet another malfunction happened. Then the cycle of different malfunctions continued, as my micro 9 will arrive today at Kimber in Troy, Alabama for a fourth time.
How are you "manually cycling" the gun?
What exactly are these issues you refer to.

Tight guns will sometimes have issues "Manually cycling" rounds.

I have a 1911 (not Kimber) That will have issues and setback rounds if cycled manually multiple times, but runs like a swiss watch when you actually shoot it.

When you get it back, slingshot a round and go shoot the damn thing and stop dicking around with it.

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
How are you "manually cycling" the gun?
What exactly are these issues you refer to.

Tight guns will sometimes have issues "Manually cycling" rounds.

I have a 1911 (not Kimber) That will have issues and setback rounds if cycled manually multiple times, but runs like a swiss watch when you actually shoot it.

When you get it back, slingshot a round and go shoot the damn thing and stop dicking around with it.
I was referring to when the magazine was removed and there was a bullet still in the chamber that it would get jammed when manually ejecting it. I sent it back to Kimber and when it was returned from kimber the pistol manually ejected fine. It was a pistol malfunction, not user error.
Every time one issue was resolved another one occurred.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
I was referring to when the magazine was removed and there was a bullet still in the chamber that it would get jammed when manually ejecting it. I sent it back to Kimber and when it was returned from kimber the pistol manually ejected fine. It was a pistol malfunction, not user error.
Clearly you should sell this Micro9, it's not the pistol for you when it returns from Alabama and buy yourself a Glock. The bad Micro saga is getting a little hard to believe. NONE of my 1911's will fly a live round from the chamber by hand like they fly out empty when fired, so your creating your own issue that's not really an issue IMO.
Please don't repeat the story you have already posted 15 times, I get it.

Reactions: STLJonny and Tinman

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Clearly you should sell this Micro9, it's not the pistol for you when it returns from Alabama and buy yourself a Glock. The bad Micro saga is getting a little hard to believe. NONE of my 1911's will fly a live round from the chamber by hand like they fly out empty when fired, so your creating your own issue that's not really an issue IMO.
Please don't repeat the story you have already posted 15 times, I get it.
I agree. Thank you

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I agree. Thank you
I agree. Thank you
One statement rings true, “This is not the gun for me.” To clarify one point, I’m referring to when the pistol has a bullet in the chamber and a loaded magazine, to unload the pistol I would remove the magazine and cycle the slide to remove the bullet in the chamber. When I would cycle the slide to remove the bullet from chamber the bullet would not eject but get jammed in the chamber.

Regardless of clarification, the most important insight to the comments made was “This gun is not for me.”

I need to cut bait so to speak.

I’ve learned from all your comments and I very much appreciate your time.

Lastly, I live in Birmingham, AL. I frequently eat breakfast at the krystal on Hwy 31 in Hoover. This morning the cashier conveyed the manager was murdered as a robbery victim near or at Top Golf in Birmingham. The manager was a kind soul. The reason why this pistol is not for me is it has demonstrated no reliability and that’s what is needed for a pistol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine with magazine removed usually drop the shell out the bottom of the grip frame. I don't see that as an issue.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts