Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whoa. I checked on GunBroker to see if the other two Royal IIs were still there and they were gone. Late last week there were four, which I thought was surprising because they have been so hard to find. And description on one of the four said it took two years to get!

That thread about Custom II vs. Royal II lit a fire under my butt and I decided to quit waiting and pull the trigger. Now, my Royal II is in a brown truck heading to me but if I had waited another day I'd be sitting here knowing I missed out and that obnoxious voice in my head would be saying "Snooze you lose!" :p

Sometimes you just have say "let's do this" and then get 'er done.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Whoa. I checked on GunBroker to see if the other two Royal IIs were still there and they were gone. Late last week there were four, which I though was surprising because they have been so hard to find. And one of the four said it took two years to get!

That thread about Custom II vs. Royal II lit a fire under my butt and I decided to quit waiting and pull the trigger. Now, my Royal II is in a brown truck heading to me but if I had waited another day I'd be sitting here knowing I missed out and that obnoxious voice in my would be saying "Snooze you lose!" :p

Sometimes you just have say "let's do this" and then get 'er done.
PM will be sent in soon so you can, you know, mail me my thanks! Anything Kimber related is fine!!:p

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Congrats PorscheVille lets get the pic's coming!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Good move Porsche man. Hope the wife has calmed down by now.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Oh Yeah!!!

Sometimes you just have to invest in the present from "Me to Me"!! Go for it, Porsche Man!!!;););)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats PorscheVille lets get the pic's coming!!!!!
I'm hoping Her Majesty will arrive tomorrow at my nearby LGS. "Usually takes a couple of days." the guy said. Tomorrow will be two days. Not that I'm antsy...I just can't wait!

Pics will follow, of course. :cool:

·
Registered
451 Posts
They should have sent you a tracking number so you can see when its delivered to the LGS. I always call the LGS as soon as I see its been delivered and "ask" if they received it..... What I'm really doing is saying "I know its been delivered, please process it right away. I'm on my way to pick it up"!

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Chuck, you're a man after my own heart.

Reactions: Chuck66

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They should have sent you a tracking number so you can see when its delivered to the LGS. I always call the LGS as soon as I see its been delivered and "ask" if they received it..... What I'm really doing is saying "I know its been delivered, please process it right away. I'm on my way to pick it up"!
They sent a tracking number but it doesn't work. (Which is what my wife says when she is doing something wrong.) when I paste the number into MyUPS I get nothing. I'm wondering if it is some other kind of number cause it has like 30 digits or if he sent it USPS and told me UPS. Oh well.

Waiting is torture. Sorta reminiscent of Christmas Eve. The longest night of the year when you're a kid...or a parent having to assemble toys when you just want to sleep. I digress.

Of course when I get there I'll have to wait 10 minutes for the Ky background check. (I threw that in for our New Jersey comrades.) :D

Reactions: Marshall

·
Registered
25 Posts
Royal II

Alright, who else bought a Royal II? Somebody bought one and isn't fessin' up.

I think we are nearly as excited as you are, for you to get your gun. I really want to see that finish...

Glad you got one. Sounds like you could have waited a very long time had you not made a move.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like you could have waited a very long time had you not made a move.
Yep. That would have totally sucked. And we all know that feeling, which is why the "Hurry, supplies won't last" is still an effective advertising ploy.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Yep. That would have totally sucked. And we all know that feeling, which is why the "Hurry, supplies won't last" is still an effective advertising ploy.
Well, I'm a believer in God and karma. I was itchy to pull the trigger on the SCUHD on Gunbroker the other night. Then I had the issue with my registration, so I couldn't make an offer. In my little world, I look at that as a "you weren't supposed to buy that one" moment.

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
25 Posts
internet

Well, I'm a believer in God and karma. I was itchy to pull the trigger on the SCUHD on Gunbroker the other night. Then I had the issue with my registration, so I couldn't make an offer. In my little world, I look at that as a "you weren't supposed to buy that one" moment.
I have yet to buy a gun online yet from guns America or the other one. I sure look at them, but prefer to handle. I guess it is the only way to get some of these guns, but I'm in no major gun buying phase either. I've only bought two in the past 6 weeks :)

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
I've made online purchases through gun broker just not from private individuals, I only buy from established dealers.

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I have yet to buy a gun online yet from guns America or the other one. I sure look at them, but prefer to handle. I guess it is the only way to get some of these guns, but I'm in no major gun buying phase either. I've only bought two in the past 6 weeks :)
I bought my PC II online at Bud's gun shop. But they never had a Royal. The nice thing about GunBroker is that you have gun stores from all over the country in one place, so you have competition and availability. I suppose you are taking your chances in some cases but GB seems pretty serious about vetting and rating sellers. I was very happy with the seller Fin Feather and Fur. They called me on the phone and thanked me for my business. And when I called them (twice) for info, the same online sales guy answered and was both helpful and pleasant. Which seems to be a lost art today.

As for handling, that is a drawback of online buying. But then the gun I want never seems to be in the store I'm in.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
I've made online purchases through gun broker just not from private individuals, I only buy from established dealers.
Sometimes you can get some great deals from private individuals.
I bought my 2 PC2's {stainless 45 and 9mm} for $1300 and that saved me about $700 plus taxes on purchases if I had bought from lgs..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts