Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up this for my EDC I think...

NIB never fired, Meprolight night sites added...

HK USP Compact 9mm

Picked it up for under 6 bills...

Attachments

Reactions: shin0bi1

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Hmm let us know how it works out. I have not been around them since the USP was introduced in I think 94 at a HK demo LE event.

·
Super Moderator
5,192 Posts
New guns are always good. We expect a range report!

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
HK are nice. Mine has never had a failure. I found it just too large and bulky to be my EDC. Something about the boxy / square edge design.

I like the de-cock safety and the DA/SA is probably the safest way to carry, but I just couldn't get past the bulk.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Congratulations! Thanks for the pics. Range report when you get a chance, please.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Congratulations! Thanks for the pics. Range report when you get a chance, please.[/QUOTE]

Prediction: Total tack driver ;)
And for that price he stole it...those pistols are usually not cheap. I'll be waiting for the range results as well..

·
Registered
276 Posts
I love my P2000 9mm and .45 tactical. HK makes a quality, no frills firearm designed to last. I suppose I must agree about the Edc problem. They aren't really designed for that. I still prefer my sig P 239 or my CDP2 Ultra + ( once it's broken in ). But an HK for south of 6 Bennies? You won't regret it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if not EDC it will for sure be my truck gun... Yes, walked away with it for 575 the receipt from Bud's the guy had said 818, and meprolight sites + installation...

Planning a range visit tomorrow, report sure to follow.

Reactions: Insta-Gator

·
Registered
276 Posts
I missed the Meprolite part. Hell yeah brother!!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I missed the Meprolite part. Hell yeah brother!!
I caught that. Wished mine had it. But I carry the HK on my hikes and I do not hike the forest at night unless I get caught in some unpredicted weather. I've been caught in a few surprise snow storms screwing with my sense of direction. My old dog could get me home, the new one not so much yet.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Curious!

Is that a Ceracoat job on the entire pistol? I can't recall ever seeing that before!! :confused::confused::confused: Interesting!!??

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
I've always like HK's, I anxious to hear a range report.

·
Registered
868 Posts
As I sit here in my beloved recliner my HK USPc 45 is always within reach. Closer than the remote. That little red chamber indicator strip helps me relax...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Well I posted an "Awesome Range Day" thread but didn't really focus on the HK much.

I was at an out door shoot, with some friends, and learning about shooting metal plates off of a 5 point star.

I watched a competitive shooter with a 6000$ competition gun take the 5 plates with 6 shots from 15 yards.

I decided to break out the unfired HK. There were some skeptics as this is a compact, and I had never fired it...

First shot, plate down. Second shot, caught a gently moving plate. I took 5 more shots to clear the other 3, but the group was clearly impressed by a compact that accurate at a decent range.

I took a few more shots on a silhouette target and it seemed to me to be at least as easy to shoot as my Beretta.

Then at 25 yards, one the competitive shooter took 4 of 5 plates off but ran out of ammo. I offered to clean up from him, and on my 3rd shot took the plate off from 25 yards.

I haven't had much time yet to dump ammo on a paper target but I am a happy man with the HK now in my stable.

Reactions: Marshall

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
A guy I took chl class with had a p30 in 40 s&w. He was incredible with that piece. Ive wanted one ever since but I got distracted by Kimbers.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Elidar73, I'm thinking of picking up another HK; a tiny fellar like yours in 9mm. Have you sent anymore rounds down range with yours? How is it performing?
I'm not ruling out other pistols as I need something for ankle carry but HK's certainly meet the reliability requirements so other members feel free to chime in if you like.
TIA

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wow that is a nice piece you got there! I love my HK USP .45acp fullsize and it is my dedicated jeep gun. The USP is a serious straight up beast. It sucks, ergonomically, in my hands and I have been spoiled with interchangeable grips. However, I put a pair of my favorite mechanic gloves and I can shoot 300 rounds in a session with no fatigue issues. My HK (bought used) has been a reliable "go to war" pistol and I will challenge any glock owner on reliability with my hand cannon

-Shin0bi1

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Elidar73, I'm thinking of picking up another HK; a tiny fellar like yours in 9mm. Have you sent anymore rounds down range with yours? How is it performing?
I'm not ruling out other pistols as I need something for ankle carry but HK's certainly meet the reliability requirements so other members feel free to chime in if you like.
TIA
Missed this question... This thing is amazing. Fun at the range, accurate, and just a beast.. one FTE when my nephew was firing it may have been user error... but lots of rounds down range and no complaints!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts