Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 200 flawless rounds and a coat of Frog Lube. I have come to the point that I have stopped looking at guns!

I am that happy with the Solo. I went to a few sales today looking at Memorial Day sales. Nothing even turned my head.

With the Solo and my Ultra Raptor, everything on the shelves looks like cheap junk.

Pocket .380s, plastic semi autos that all somehow seem to look alike. Just could care less about any of them.

Kimber's Solo and Raptor to me have set the bar too high. The Lines on my two models are without equal. The trigger on the Solo IMO is awesome!!

I traded my Custom II for the Solo and I couldn't be happier! I own two guns, both Kimber, when I own three, Illl own 3 Kimbers.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Congratulations its Always great to see the Kimber love....

·
Registered
362 Posts
Couldn't agree more Old Soul! The only problem I have with my SOLO is there is just not enough time and money to shoot it as much as I would like.

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
Congratulations it sounds like you've got that Solo dialed in.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Nothing like a happy camper.

·
Registered
193 Posts
After 200 flawless rounds and a coat of Frog Lube. I have come to the point that I have stopped looking at guns!

I am that happy with the Solo. I went to a few sales today looking at Memorial Day sales. Nothing even turned my head.

With the Solo and my Ultra Raptor, everything on the shelves looks like cheap junk.

Pocket .380s, plastic semi autos that all somehow seem to look alike. Just could care less about any of them.

Kimber's Solo and Raptor to me have set the bar too high. The Lines on my two models are without equal. The trigger on the Solo IMO is awesome!!

I traded my Custom II for the Solo and I couldn't be happier! I own two guns, both Kimber, when I own three, Illl own 3 Kimbers.
A Browning Hi Power with trigger job and slim grips may turn your head. Just saying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello, did your solo come in new black cardboard box? just wondered , i only seen white with first gen solos.

Sent from my iPad using Outdoor Forums thank you in advance.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hell-o My name is Matt and I'm a Kimberholic. I own nine but I have been wary of the Solo because of previous ftf/fte reports. Obviously my concerns are misguided. I might need to visit my local dealer ASAP. He is selling his Solos at cost.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hell-o My name is Matt and I'm a Kimberholic. I own nine but I have been wary of the Solo because of previous ftf/fte reports. Obviously my concerns are misguided. I might need to visit my local dealer ASAP. He is selling his Solos at cost.
Hello Matt. I wavered a tad after the first 100 rounds. 2 FTE and the horror stories online got to me. Then after breaking it down, my friends hand got in the way of 1 FTE and I limped wristed 1. Since then nothing but awesomeness!

Grab that Solo at cost and enjoy life!! Did I mention I still haven't cleaned it since before the first round.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Matt, couldn't concur with Old Soul more. I had such trepidation because of reports. But I "pulled the trigger" and am more than happy I did. Only one or 2 FTE and I can definitely attribute them to me. Other wise about 600 great rounds. It is a great gun. Go for it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine is getting better and better, but I still have a problem of accuracy and 15yds or more.
it's most likely me because I've never been an accurate shot with a small pocket gun, bar the Sig238

1 - 11 of 11 Posts