Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
124 grain Winchester Nato again today. Again, zero failures!!

Again, I still haven't cleaned it or even wiped it down since the day before I even fired the 1st round!!

Frog Lube on the eve before the 1st round and nothing since. It's dirty and grimy.

Im starting to believe all these FTF-FTE stories are just due to poor shooters. No insults intended please. Is it just, am I that lucky to get a good Solo?

The Solo has proven to me not only is it the smartest looking pocket 9 on the market. It is also 100% reliable/dependable!

Too bad my Solo has the problem of FTJ, (failure to jam). Guess Ill be ok.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
124 grain Winchester Nano again today. Again, zero failures!!

Again, I still haven't cleaned it or even wiped it down since the day before I even fired the 1st round!!

Frog Lube on the eve before the 1st round and nothing since. It's dirty and grimy.

Im starting to believe all these FTF-FTE stories are just due to poor shooters. No insults intended please. Is it just, am I that lucky to get a good Solo?

The Solo has proven to me not only is it the smartest looking pocket 9 on the market. It is also 100% reliable/dependable!

Too bad my Solo has the problem of FTJ, (failure to jam). Guess Ill be ok.
I love that post. Not to minimize any concerns others may have, but ya gotta wonder.

Reactions: Oreste

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked up a new solo sts yesterday, brought it home and cleaned it. Today I took it to the range. It performed flawlessly using 124 and 147 grain ammo. Also tried some 115 grain FMJ. This is one sweet gun. After about a hundred rounds, I feel comfortable that this will be my CCP. If the next trip to the range has the same performance it will be time to sell the Bodyguard 380 and Ruger LC9.

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
I picked up a new solo sts yesterday, brought it home and cleaned it. Today I took it to the range. It performed flawlessly using 124 and 147 grain ammo. Also tried some 115 grain FMJ. This is one sweet gun. After about a hundred rounds, I feel comfortable that this will be my CCP. If the next trip to the range has the same performance it will be time to sell the Bodyguard 380 and Ruger LC9.
I wouldn't push it, you want in the neighborhood of 500 trouble free rounds before it becomes a carry gun.

Reactions: Islander

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Glad your Solo is performing flawlessly! I have to agree with Chuck though. Run at least 500 rounds through any gun you intend to carry. Solo included.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a side note, the magazine I used Gorilla glue to affix a base pad worked flawlessly. The pad held under live fire.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more Old Soul. I am sure there are some issues but I see these with every gun manufacturer. My SOLO has been a dream in my hands. When my daughter shoots it, it's 3 FTE's per mag. She just doesn't grip that baby and keep it stable. It is a tight, 9mm in a very small package. A lot of physics and mechanics are going on in that little package. She just wants to be held real tight, with a lot of support (just like a woman) and she will treat you right and perform flawlessly

·
Registered
22 Posts
500 rounds? Really? I get trusting it with your life but that's another $400-$500 of premium ammo on top of the purchase price before self defense use. I've never owned a semi auto. Trusting my revolvers has never taken that. Getting proficient is something else but trusting it to fire consistently takes 500 rounds? Seems as though a couple hundred with no issues would do. Then maybe a couple hundred more if there were issues and a return to the factory. Then if that didn't work I think I'd pedal the junk off and stick to my revolvers. I want to practice to get better not wondering if it's going to go bang.

Stay safe, John

PS: Especially if I practice with what I intend to carry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm sorry for being abrupt. I posted this question on another busier gun site and gained perspective enough to slightly change my tune. For me I can see 500 rounds being a good goal to "shoot" for. Economics may dictate otherwise. I really liked the Solo I had in my hands and I want to give one a fair shot as a concealed carry weapon. It might just take a while longer than I'd hoped.

Stay safe, John

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just acquired one from a friends whose GF could not cycle the slide.
Paid retail.:eek:

I ran 115grn thru it and it eats it up.
not too thrilled with the magazines but I think the more I fiddle with it the more I'll like it.
I like it for what it is, just need a little more confidance in it:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
About all I run through my Solo is 115 grain ammo, maybe 600 or 700 rounds by now. No problems with the cheap stull at all. Every time that I go to the range, my son, son-in-law, daughter or all them come with me and we shoot each others guns. They have had no problems either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts