Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The geometry of the Solo's stock trigger tends to gouge my finger. Not fun. I searched for a replacement trigger and found one by RTKTriggers.com.

[/URL][/IMG]

Being mechanically savvy and experienced with changing triggers, sears, springs, etc, I don't see a problem with changing the trigger out myself, but was wondering if anyone has seen or knows of a video doing this. I have searched high and low but am unable to come up with one.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pic of final product

with the help of RTK, I was able to replace the trigger. It looks and feels great.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
64 Posts
with the help of RTK, I was able to replace the trigger. It looks and feels great.
[/URL][/IMG]
I believe RTK supplies those trigger replacements for Galloway Precision who will soon supply aftermarket springs for the SOLO.

Was the new trigger install difficult?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once I got the hex head screw removed, it was just a matter of patience, and persistence to get the parts to fit just right in a limited space. Use of a tweezers or hemostats helps to get the leaf spring to fit back in helped.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What was the cost with shipping? And how long did it take to install?
You can't get your SOLO to reliably function and now you want to replace the trigger?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you for real?

Reactions: Marshall

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sheesh, a tad pricey but I guess the Solo was too.
Agree on pricey. But, I'm picky about feel and performance and the stock trigger did not feel good to me. Interestingly, go view Hickock45's utube videow on the Solo and if I remember correctly, he had to put a bandaid on his finger after running a lot of rounds through it.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Since Kimber has had my Solo more than me, I would be delighted for it to just shoot more than two rounds before each FTE...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Since Kimber has had my Solo more than me, I would be delighted for it to just shoot more than two rounds before each FTE...
Does Kimber still have your Solo or do you have it back and are still experiencing issues?

I hope you can be as happy with yours as I am with the one I bought for my wife.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
They still have it.I talked to them Wednesday and all he told me is they did receive it..Guess I'll just hope for the best and look at my pictures of it..

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thats why I have not sent mine back! I keep reading they keep them for a couple of months, and send them back, telling you there is nothing wrong, and they could not duplicate the problem. The warranty is one year!

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
They had my Solo the first time for the safety replacement a total of 11 days.They received it on 27 November the second time and hopeful to get it back soon.You could either send it back for repair or have a $800 paperweight to look at.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts