Kimber Talk Forums banner

Springfield TRP Range Report

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Jflytle 
#1 ·
So, Mr. Chickadee was able to pick up his new pistol yesterday after work & try it out. Ran 150 flawless rounds through it. :D
Sorry to say he did not provide any pics of his targets, which is sad since he's a better shot than I am.

The best part of the story: He did a quick field strip/cleaning before shooting it. Found out it needs a 'paper clip like tool' to disassemble the recoil rod/spring (he figured this out after several fruitless attempts to disassemble it & then consulting the manual). :eek:

Lucky for him, one of my Kimber takedown tools happened to be in the range bag, since Springfield did not include said tool in the case! Kimber saves the day!! :D

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice looking Springfield! Not a big rail fan but to each his own.

#10 · (Edited)
Glad he is enjoying it. I just picked up a non-rail version TRP before x-mas. They are VERY well made guns, and for the price you cannot go wrong. Springfield will tell you though, they do not include a 'tool' since any old paperclip will work just fine. Throw a few in your cleaning kit and you are set for a long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.