Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got tot take my LW 9mm to the range today, and I am very happy to report that it functioned perfectly. I ran 50 rounds of 124gr. NATO to start the break-in, and some 115gr. and 147gr. JHP and even some crappy 115gr. FMJ through it without any hiccups. I will adjust the sights slightly to bring them into a bit better alignment with my aging eyes.

The pistol came with one mag and I bought two more identical Kimber mags to go with it. The springs are pretty stiff in all the mags; I couldn't get more than 8 rounds in two of them and only 7 in the third one, but I know they will loosen up over time.

I had a couple of other 9mm pistols that I acquired over the quarantine along for range day, and they ran well too. I wasn't shooting very well, but the pistols were not the problem. After a year of limited opportunity to shoot, I probably need to burn through a brick of .22 and get my groove back. All in all, it was a fine day of shooting, and I am very pleased with the Kimber.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
I have another brand 1911 in 9mm with a 5” barrel and it shoots great. It’s just a fun gun to shoot. One of my favorite range guns.

Enjoy your new 1911 Charlie. I really need to get out for a day of shooting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the same pistol never had any issue eating any ammo. Shoots real nice, so impressed with it I just bought a pro carry 2 tone 9mm, love the way theses puppies are made. Enjoy

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys -- cleaned the gunk out of the pistol last night, now I'm looking forward to the next "break-in" outing.

Reactions: JC45
1 - 4 of 4 Posts