Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sent my new Custom LW 1911 back to the facory for repair. I must say Customer supprt was amazing. They did not even bat an eye when i told them i had stripped a bushing removing the grip panels (grip screw will not come off, im guessing it was cross threaded on install). They offered full repair up to and including a new frame, grips and oversized bushing if needed at no cost plus free shipping overnight both ways. Cant get any better than that.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
My one experience with Kimber CS was above and beyond to say the least.

I am the second owner of a Solo that had been sold new several years prior. I simply and respectfully explained that the gun don't work and don't know what to do. Kimber cheerfully issued an RMA and performed a list of repairs and replacements at no charge. It just doesn't get any better than that.

On the flip side, call Kimber with an attitude and see what happens. There's been a couple examples posted on KT. ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have had all good experience with Kimber CS. Lot of folks complain about their QC out of the factory. But they make a LOT of 1911's for us & they were still available
during the COVID mess. So give them a break. They still make good on any defects. Still the best 1911 out there for the money IMHO.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I have had all good experience with Kimber CS. Lot of folks complain about their QC out of the factory. But they make a LOT of 1911's for us & they were still available
during the COVID mess. So give them a break. They still make good on any defects. Still the best 1911 out there for the money IMHO.
Kimber not only kept building 1911s, they had fantastic CS during the Covid scamdemic, while moving their entire operation to Alabama, and developing the Mako.

That's some boss level business management right there.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I was wondering if the Custom LW grip screws are threaded into the aluminum frame or are they pressed in and swaged like they are on the Kimber Solo. Once they are stripped out or come loose the only alternative is to replace the frame or do some creative skilled repair. One of my Kimber Solos had two such stripped bushings and Kimber replaced the frame including a new serial number so technically, with a new FCU, it was a new gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts