Kimber Talk Forums banner

Storms Ravaging The South.

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Chuck66 
#1 ·
I'm just watching the morning news and seeing reports of the tornadoes and flooding hitting our southern states. I hope and pray all of our members in those areas are safe.

#2 ·
Thanks, Chuck. Seems to be typical spring. We've lucked out so far. This kind of weather is why I built a storm/gun room in the basement.

#3 ·
I was a little concerned when I didn't see you on the forum this morning. I guess there are probably a lot of people in the south without power this morning.

#4 ·
Been up since 0500, but puttering about doing other things. Between fiber-optic broadband ISP, UPS for modem/router, battery operated laptop and cellphone, it's kinda hard to keep me off the internet if I really want to be on. :D

#7 ·
We don't lose power very often but when we do it's usually in mid winter so I keep a 7000 watt portable generator ready to go. I have the essential circuits wired from my breaker box to a panel with a plug on the outside of the house. When power goes out I kill the main breaker box, plug the generator into the box on the back of the house and I have lights and heat.

#8 ·
Y'all's winters tend to be much worse than ours, so if we'd lost power I would fire up the fireplace and we have two weeks of MREs and water, just in case.

#9 ·
My biggest fear in the winter is losing power (heat) and having the water lines freeze up and burst. I try to anticipate problems like that and do what I can to prepare for them.

#10 ·
Just looking at the members logged into the forum, none of them are from the south other then Insta-Gator.

#11 ·
Someone has to go to work.

Wasn't Chuck66 on earlier? He's here in Atlanta (sort of)

#15 ·
Had some rain, which they say we need but no major damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.