Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it. Accidentally pressed the grip safety when reinstalling my slide. Slide is stuck. Won't move in either direction. Plenty of tips on how to avoid this problem but little on how to unstuck the slide. Darn Swartz guy! Does it have to go back to Kimber?

·
Registered
13 Posts
This may help. Atleast I hope it's O.K. to post a link to a different forum. If not, mods, forgive me and delete.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Does your Aegis have the “II” designation after the name? If it’s a newer Aegis it does not have the Swartz safety.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Call Kimber.
I did the same thing with my Ultra Carry II.
I freaked out.
After a few minutes on the phone a Kimber rep related technical instructions from a tech who said "Hold it upright and whack the back of the slide with your hand."

It worked and I havent had a single issue since.

I'm not suggesting whacking the slide.
Let a Kimber tech suggest it.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Call Kimber.
I did the same thing with my Ultra Carry II.
I freaked out.
After a few minutes on the phone a Kimber rep related technical instructions from a tech who said "Hold it upright and whack the back of the slide with your hand."

It worked and I havent had a single issue since.

I'm not suggesting whacking the slide.
Let a Kimber tech suggest it.
Kimber Owners Manual (todays series II safety revision)

"Hold it upright and whack the back of the slide with your hand"

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Registered
839 Posts
Kimber Owners Manual (todays series II safety revision)

"Hold it upright and whack the back of the slide with your hand"
I shit you not.
That is exactly what the tech said.
It worked.
We all had a good laugh about it.
I was happy the new gun didnt have to go back to Kimber.

Reactions: Tinman

·
Registered
94 Posts
I smacked mine with a rubber hammer. I did the same thing, but it was on a Custom II. I learned not to do that again. Fortunately no real harm done.. Coming from series 70's there is a bit of a learning curve.. PS: It also does that if you try to reassemble it upside down.. just a thought

'I don't mind buying a friend a cup of coffee, but you have to feed your own tapeworm"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts