Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a bad day at the range today. Put 150 rounds downrange with the Tactital (up to a total count of 350). I did better for accuracy this time, still seems to shoot a little high for me, but not for my husband. Go figure! I'm open to suggestions. :)

Had a total of 4 FTF's - almost exclusively the last round in the mag. Used the Kimber factory mag & also a mag from my husband's new Springfield TRP. All the malfunctions were with Federal ammo & the Kimber mag.

Still pretty happy with this little gun. Very snappy after shooting my Sig P226 in 9 mm!! :eek:

Target was at 7 yards.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Maybe a little tighter grip with lower fingers. Sweetie had the same 'last round' issue with her's last weekend, but it didn't do it with me at all. All I can think is that she was getting grip weary by time the last round was presented.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
One possible fix for shooting high is to consciously try tilting your non-shooting hand downward 45 degrees and put a bit more grip pressure with that hand (60/40) vs your primary shooting hand. The chart thing says "wrist breaking up".....which is sorta like somebody saying "it's your trigger finger"....it states the problem but not the solution. That's my two cents.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One possible fix for shooting high is to consciously try tilting your non-shooting hand downward 45 degrees and put a bit more grip pressure with that hand (60/40) vs your primary shooting hand. The chart thing says "wrist breaking up".....which is sorta like somebody saying "it's your trigger finger"....it states the problem but not the solution. That's my two cents.
That makes a lot of sense. I already to the 60/40 grip, so I'll try angling the support hand next time.

THANKS!!

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
Still pretty happy with this little gun. Very snappy after shooting my Sig P226 in 9 mm!! :eek:
It helps when your going to be doing a lot of shooting to start with the larger caliber guns and work you way down. That way as you tire your shooting the easier to control guns.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe a little tighter grip with lower fingers. Sweetie had the same 'last round' issue with her's last weekend, but it didn't do it with me at all. All I can think is that she was getting grip weary by time the last round was presented.
Certainly not out of the question. I perceive this gun to be 'snappy' compared to my others, so my grip may be fatiguing a bit.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It helps when your going to be doing a lot of shooting to start with the larger caliber guns and work you way down. That way as you tire your shooting the easier to control guns.
I've always gone the opposite way - smaller to larger. Maybe I'll try the other direction next time.

Thanks, Chuck!

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is great advice! I try to do this and consciously try and put some part of my lower palm firmly against the open area on my 1911 grip panel. I find that this locks my wrists in good form, still can shoot a high grip, and be accurate.
I really like the texture Kimber did underneath my trigger guard to remind me if I am in correct form or not.

-Shin0bi1

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Why Not?

Looks to me like if you used a "6 o'clock hold" on your targets, the group would be dropping right into the X-ring!! Purely my 2 cents worth!! ;););) YMMV!!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update

Put 100 rounds downrange last week (forgot to post the update until today).
Pistol was FLAWLESS!!

I used all the helpful suggestions from this thread - shot this pistol first, focused on placing more pressure with my lower fingers of the left hand.

It worked, my accuracy was much better & the pistol was FLAWLESS! Thanks everyone for your suggestions! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts