Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The targets at the range I've been shooting at have human shape targets with letter/number combinations such as K5 over D2 and K4 over D3. Can anyone explain what the letters and numbers mean? Is it some particular scoring system for competition? Attached is a target I shot Saturday. 100 rnds @ 25 ft with a Pro Carry II.

Attachments

·
Administrator
41,305 Posts
I asked the same question a couple of years back and if I remember correctly I was told that K=kill shot D=disable shot and the numbers are the points you get. So the examples you posted would read.....

K5 = Kill shot 5 points
D2 = Disable shot 2 points

K4 = Kill shot 4 points
D3 = Disable shot 3 points

·
Registered
810 Posts
It's called a B21-NS scoring target. It's a modified standard B21 Police Scoring target. They have been around a long time. Not often used on public ranges as the human form target gets some folks a bit upset.

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
It's called a B21-NS scoring target. It's a modified standard B21 Police Scoring target. They have been around a long time. Not often used on public ranges as the human form target gets some folks a bit upset.
The folks getting upset is a good reason to use the zombie targets!!! Nobody cares if you shoot zombies!! Even if it is a basically human shape!! It's like the Elmore Leonard inspired TV show on FX: It's JUSTIFIED!!!

BTW, great shooting PorscheVille!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good shooting by the way!!
Thanks. I'm learning. I've been shooting every Saturday since Christmas and the last two weeks I've really noticed some improvement. I suppose the pattern is still pretty large but I am getting more consistent and putting a majority in the center.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks pbsdaddy. I'll have to ask the guy at the range. Maybe he's been in law enforcement.

As for the human form thing, I guess if you want to be prepared to defend yourself it makes more sense to see what you'd be hitting. But I suppose some folks don't need too much to get upset. Now if we were shooting baby targets....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.