Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year I bought a Gold Match II stainless. I really liked the sight picture on the target sights, but I noticed the blade in the back is spring loaded and moved when I touch it with moderate pressure. It does this regardless of the position of the blade so it's not the sight reaching it's max adjustment location. Is this normal?

Also I went and pulled it's out of my safe and apparently when I was adjusting it at the range trying to dial it in I must have adjusted too far and the damn screw fell out for the windage. Any idea where I can locate one short of calling kimber?

Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPad using Outdoor Forums

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
The sight is missing a screw and moves when you touch it? My guess is the missing screw is the cause of the problem.

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
The easiest thing would be to call Kimber, they can probably mail you a replacement. Short of that try your local gunsmith it's possible they may have a screw.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: M-F, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
There are two variants of the Kimber adjustable rear sight. One has no detente for elevation but has a locking set screw from the side. Is this the screw you are missing since I don't see how you could have the need to adjust windage so much as to remove the large head windage screw.

I have guns with each version. I think they phased one out. But I bought a sight from them not long ago and it was old style. Not thrilled. But I have run that on an older Team Match about 50000 rounds with no issue too.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
No Problem!!!

Check with any competent gunsmith. He should have all kinds of screws, if he is worth the title gunsmith!! He should be able to come up with something that will take care of your problem!! ;););)

If that fails, I'm sure that Kimber Customer Service will be happy to provide a replacement screw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I talked to Kimber today and the movement of blade is normal for the target sight. It moves and then springs back to what I hope is the proper position. The screw they are telling me is not replaceable. They don't have spares so I have to send my whole slide in for replacement of the target site.

Sent from my iPhone using Outdoor Forums

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Yeah I talked to Kimber today and the movement of blade is normal for the target sight. It moves and then springs back to what I hope is the proper position. The screw they are telling me is not replaceable. They don't have spares so I have to send my whole slide in for replacement of the target site.

Now that sounds reassuring...
The average cost of a Kimber is $800-$1600 and they don't have a part that costs a couple cents to make??
Good luck and I hope you have something to shoot while you're waiting the 4-6 weeks without it..

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Now that sounds reassuring...
The average cost of a Kimber is $800-$1600 and they don't have a part that costs a couple cents to make??
Good luck and I hope you have something to shoot while you're waiting the 4-6 weeks without it..
Not making excuses for them but they probably buy the sights from another company like they do with their Meprolight sights. You can't buy the sights that are on my Super Carry Pro with the shoulder cocking radius anywhere. Kimber will not sell them to you, if something goes wrong I have to send the gun back to have the sights replaced. I know it's stupid but that's what they do.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts

I don't see how that's possible. I think the missing screw is causing the problem. My sights don't move that way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't see how that's possible. I think the missing screw is causing the problem. My sights don't move that way.
Yeah I'm not really happy with it. I liked the sight picture but I'd probably just switch to some mepros if the slide didn't have the huge cut out for the target sight

Sent from my iPad using Outdoor Forums

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a Gold match stainless II 12-30-14 on 01-10-15 I put 100 rounds thru it and noticed the windage screw fell out, took it back to the store and they gave me a new gun. Today I put 200 rounds thru the new gun and the windage screw looked like it was falling out, I tryed to screw it back in to no avail. I pulled it out with my finger and noticed it was broken off. I am guessing they have a problem with those sights. How many of these have broken off ?

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Welcome to the forum form northern Illinois vrscdxruss, I'm sorry to hear your having a problem with your Gold Match Stainless II. Give Kimbers customer service a call and I'm sure they'll correct any problems your having.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: M-F, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern

·
Registered
748 Posts
"Screws fall out all the time. The world's an imperfect place."

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
390 Posts
So we lost one single screw and we have to replace the entire sight? Just does not wound right, sort of like, "the headlight went in my car where can I get one, sorry we don't make those so junk the car and see us for a new one!

This is so wrong!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
So we lost one single screw and we have to replace the entire sight? Just does not wound right, sort of like, "the headlight went in my car where can I get one, sorry we don't make those so junk the car and see us for a new one!

This is so wrong!
Maybe they're not falling out. Maybe they're breaking off. Are heavy loads with strong recoil being fired? Could the recoil be causing the screws to break? Something to think about.

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Recoil can effect different thing in different ways, most Kimbers don't have adjustable sights that use screws to adjust them but how many have had grip screws come loose?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts