Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ..... Last night I was 'browsing' online seeing if there were any good deals on a Super Carry Ultra HD. I'm sure most of you can guess how that turned out! :D

Found a deal on Gunbroker, signed up for an account & bought it!!!

I decided this is the best way to directly compare the Super Carry Ultra HD with the Tactical Ultra as my winter EDC. The competition will begin in a few days when the Super Carry arrives.

Winner gets a comfy home inside a Crossbreed holster. Loser gets a new home. Let the games begin!!!!

·
Administrator
39,581 Posts
Good news, I just recently registered with Gun Broker myself, I'm seeing deals on there that my LGS won't or can't match.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I own them both in the larger pro size. I honestly feel that the Kimber Super Carry Pro HD is one of the best guns out there. I know people are rolling their eyes but I have owned quite a few 1911's and I would put it up there with my Dan Wesson Valor and Les Baer Thunder Ranch. The Ultra is a beautiful firearm and I have a feeling it will become your BFF.

Reactions: Insta-Gator

·
Administrator
39,581 Posts
I'd have to agree with you walkingman I don't have the HD but my Super Carry Pro is by far my favorite 1911.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I own them both in the larger pro size. I honestly feel that the Kimber Super Carry Pro HD is one of the best guns out there. I know people are rolling their eyes but I have owned quite a few 1911's and I would put it up there with my Dan Wesson Valor and Les Baer Thunder Ranch. The Ultra is a beautiful firearm and I have a feeling it will become your BFF.
I'd have to agree with you walkingman I don't have the HD but my Super Carry Pro is by far my favorite 1911.
Sure do love my Super Carry Pro HD! Now it will have a 'little brother'.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
Outstanding! Congrats ChickaDee, how was your Gunbroker buying experience? I am registered on Gunbroker but have not made a purchase yet.
The last four firearms that I have bought, I went to my LGS first and they didn't have what I wanted and did not act like they could find one. Once even told me to check online maybe I could find it myself. So now I just go there to do the FFL papers and pay there transfer fee.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Outstanding! Congrats ChickaDee, how was your Gunbroker buying experience? I am registered on Gunbroker but have not made a purchase yet.
The last four firearms that I have bought, I went to my LGS first and they didn't have what I wanted and did not act like they could find one. Once even told me to check online maybe I could find it myself. So now I just go there to do the FFL papers and pay there transfer fee.
Very smooth so far. Waiting for my FFL to open so I can call & have them send info to the seller.

Mr. Chickadee bought his last gun off Gunbroker - no issues at all.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
For the record, my Super Carry Ultra HD is the finest handgun I own, and that has nothing to do with price.

When I ordered it through Gunbroker (Northern Firearms) I simply contacted Northern once the deal was confirmed and I sent them the contact info for my FFL. They did the rest.

·
Registered
869 Posts
So ..... Last night I was 'browsing' online seeing if there were any good deals on a Super Carry Ultra HD. I'm sure most of you can guess how that turned out! :D

Found a deal on Gunbroker, signed up for an account & bought it!!!

I decided this is the best way to directly compare the Super Carry Ultra HD with the Tactical Ultra as my winter EDC. The competition will begin in a few days when the Super Carry arrives.

Winner gets a comfy home inside a Crossbreed holster. Loser gets a new home. Let the games begin!!!!
Congrat's! New guns are fun.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I bought and sold guns there and did fairly well on the buying end. Selling is a whole other story because final fees can put a cramp in your arse.
On the buying side, just need to engage 'caveat emptor'...
Two things to watch for a good price.
- If the price seems toooooo good. Watch that they don't take money off the price and then embelish the shipping cost and...
- If you use a credit card, they will tell you in the payment area that the price you see is a cash price. Most will tell you to add 3% or more in credit card fees.

I deal with a select few on there that seem to have good prices. One being Northern Firearms. (They are Reed's Family Outdoor Outfitters in Walker, Minnesota)...You will also see their listing photo as a red box saying free shipping, no fees.
Their prices might seem a little higher than some of the better deals, they are smart and add that on to their what you see price is what you get. They also add in for free extra goodies. Extra mags, or like when I got my Ultra Covert II, got a Free Kimber Bag. Didn't really want it, but what the heck. Bottom line, their listing price may look high but in the end, it really isn't.

There are a couple vendors there that do not charge credit card fees, or shipping. One way or another, I saved almost $400 on my Covert. My LGS could not go that low and he's a Kimber dealer.

Good luck with your new toy. :)

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I deal with a select few on there that seem to have good prices. One being Northern Firearms. (If I recall, they are Reed's Family Outdoor Outfitters in Montana)...You will also see their listing photo as a red box saying free shipping, no fees.
Reeds Sporting Goods is in Walker, Minnesota. Northern Firearms is their Gun Broker division. I've bought a few guns from them. Good folks.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Reeds Sporting Goods is in Walker, Minnesota. Northern Firearms is their Gun Broker division. I've bought a few guns from them. Good folks.
Thanks, I knew it was one of those states that begins with an 'M'... lol... :)
I'll fix that...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I actually like being put on hold when I call them- They have loons and wilderness sounds instead of music.

Sorry for the thread derail.
Was going to mention that. First time I called, I evidently called before they opened. Ended up with the owner answering the phone and said he could take it over the phone but he was in a meeting. He just said give me a minute to get to his desk. At this point, I didn't know how big or small they were because it was my first purchase with them. Next thing I heard was water swishing around like someone was getting out of the pool or something. I was literally crying/laughing histerically while I pictured some old guy working out of his house and I just roused him from a morning dip. By time he picked up the phone, I was still laughing at that picture I had in my mind. I told him what I was thinking before I realized other nature sounds. To say he wasn't ammused was an understatement. This guy is short and concise to the point and had no sense of humor. But took the order professionally. Later I spoke with a female there to see if I can get extra mags rather than the bag, (which they wouldn't do)...Told her what happened and she giggled and said, something to the affect of him not really having a sense of humor. But they definitely keep stock for a lot of different guns. No BS with them. They don't charge your card till they ship. He made sure I was very aware about that and he said, "We don't pull that *BLEEP* here"... Guy sounded a little like me and how I am so didn't mind his stern 'tude. :)

OK, back on track... sorry...

Reactions: Chickadee

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update

Kimber Range Bag & 2 extra mags are currently in Omaha, NE & will arrive on my doorstep on Tuesday.

Super Carry Beauty is currently in Louisville, KY & will arrive at LGS on Monday.

Bad news - LGS is closed on Mondays ... :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.