Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I unwisely decided to add up the cost of my Kimber addiction for 2014.

I purchased a Royal II, a Pro Carry II, several sets of grips, a Wilson spring kit, a MSH/mag well, grip screws, 10 magazines, a range bag, cleaning supplies, a gun/rifle safe, 20 range trip lane fees, and of course, ammo.

That added up to about $5,800. :eek: that's $1,160 a month! And, I'd be willing to bet there are some of you who have bought more guns than me. Grips, no way. I lead that category. So what is the price of your addiction?

(Jeff, I'll understand if you don't want to participate in this thread.)

·
Registered
19,361 Posts

I purchased a Royal II, a Pro Carry II, several sets of grips, a Wilson spring kit, a MSH/mag well, grip screws, 10 magazines, a range bag, cleaning supplies, a gun/rifle safe, 20 range trip lane fees, and of course, ammo.

That added up to about $5,800. :eek: that's $1,160 a month! And, I'd be willing to bet there are some of you who have bought more guns than me. Grips, no way. I lead that category. So what is the price of your addiction?

I have no clue to what you're referring to my friend.
I'm a church going,bible thumping,non drinking,Bloomberg member of the Bullshitterz club of America.
And by the way...you said 2014 so the answer is NADDA one Kimber...{this year}...:)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[/B]I have no clue to what you're referring to my friend.
I'm a church going,bible thumping,non drinking,Bloomberg member of the Bullshitterz club of America.
And by the way...you said 2014 so the answer is NADDA one Kimber...{this year}...:)
If my wife posted here, this thread would not exist. Some things are better left unsaid, especially when it costs $6000!

Reactions: Marshall

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts

This thread is wrong in soooooooo many ways I can't even begin to count them. You never, ever post or record in any way the amount of money you spend on shooting. Just imagine if your wife were to see this............ ugly isn't it.

What you do is find a good friend that also likes to shoot then when you come home with a new $1500 toy and she asks about it you tell her you just bought it off of your buddy for $50.00. If she still complains about you spending $50.00 you tell her you got a great deal it's really worth $250.00 and with the money you saved you are going to take her out to dinner.

·
Registered
643 Posts
This thread is wrong in soooooooo many ways I can't even begin to count them. You never, ever post or record in any way the amount of money you spend on shooting. Just imagine if your wife were to see this............ ugly isn't it.

What you do is find a good friend that also likes to shoot then when you come home with a new $1500 toy and she asks about it you tell her you just bought it off of your buddy for $50.00. If she still complains about you spending $50.00 you tell her you got a great deal it's really worth $250.00 and with the money you saved you are going to take her out to dinner.
Nooo....what you need to do is get her in the game and addicted like the rest of us addicts. Then the money spent won't matter!!

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Not to mention "Big Brother" "NSA" and God knows whoever else is spying in on our emails,phone calls/records and forums...
Makes ya wonder...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Nooo....what you need to do is get her in the game and addicted like the rest of us addicts. Then the money spent won't matter!!
Well said! I totally agree that's a much better approach!! :D:D

As far as our total - not pretty! I could have retired by now if it wasn't for our gun addiction.

Kimbers alone: $2400
Ammo: I really don't want to add up this one!
Grips: $150
Optic for Mr. Chickadee's AR: $1100
LGS membership: approx $600 per year
Holsters: $200

2014 total w/o ammo: $4450

In our defense, it did take two of us to rack up that bill. :cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
The thought of doing this math scares the hell out me. And I just formed my NFA Trust with my son. I will have to pay again to transfer items I own into the trust so he has access without me. 1911s and ARs.... Cocaine and heroin. At least my addiction is legal.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chickadee's post reminded me I forgot to include the night sights I bought. So, $6,000 even ought to be pretty close.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
See guys,that's how it works...
If either GiGi or myself come home with a new toy, we give each other a fist bump followed by a "I get to shoot it first" response...
Absolutely! We joke about taking turns to buy new toys. When one of us is 'in the market', the other helps with the research process - to try to hurry it up so it can be their 'turn' again. :D:D:D

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
No Way!!

Being a confirmed "horse trader", I have never kept track of what I have invested in guns. My wife gave up any form of monitoring over 40 years ago. (She is not a slave to fashion, shopping, travel or anything else. So if she wants something, I get it for her. Hell, I get her things she doesn't even know that she wants yet!!););) All she ever asked for was to go to visit her parents every year. I know the way to Missouri, in the air and on the ground, by heart!!! Now, I take her to see our son, his wife and our grandkids, wherever the U.S. Army stations him. Alaska first and now Hawaii. She gets what she wants. I get what I want. No questions asked. My job is to pay for it!!! After 40 years at the "Phone Factory", I can afford it!!

I swap/trade/sell guns on a whim. I have come up with a few great deals over the years, but the majority of the time I'm happy to just break even!!!:D:D Lose money? Oh, hell yes, been there done that, have a drawer full of t-shirts!! I shoot and hunt whenever I want and the "Red Haired Lady" (a.k.a., my wife) just tells me to have fun and be careful.

If pressed, I could give you ball park figures as to what my guns cost me. Exactly; I have no clue and do not want to know. Does a junkie keep track of how much his drugs cost? Hell, no!!:eek::eek::eek: That's why it's called an addiction!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: GiGi

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Well lets see $18.56 then my son shot me right in the face. so I threw him in the pool. I should have bought the super squirter and hidden it by the deck. ahh hindsight is a bitch.;);)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After my unarmed wife had a flat in a bad part of town five hours away, I got serious about learning to shoot. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get her interested in shooting.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You should never do the math on love
Ever done the math on coffee? I once had an office downtown and stopped at the coffee shop every morning for a cup. It was about $2.00. I also took a coffee break at about 10:30, one after lunch and one at about 3:30. So I wondered what that was costing me and when I added it up it was nearly $200 a month. I was pretty shocked. But when I figured up the monthly cost of groceries for a family of six....well, that was an eye opener. Life is expensive.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts