Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By 5:00, it had been one of the worst days ever. It started with a root canal at 8:30 that I was late for due to a wreck on the freeway. Then at 1:00 I had to go to a second dentist for bridgework. A tooth broke off below the gum line so guess what?....They had to cut away gum! The novocaine wore off twice so I kept getting more needles when the pain got too bad. By 3:00, I actually prayed to God to make it stop. After getting a prescription filled, I went into the office at 4:30 and popped a Vicodin. I went in because I was supposed to interview a guy for a job opening at 5:00 on Friday! Our HR person is in trouble for that one. Since I couldn't even talk I rescheduled the interview and headed straight for the gun range. Just walking in made me feel better. Then I pulled out the Royal II and slipped in a magazine. First shot took out half the X. I smiled. Grimaced because it hurt, then smiled again. 100 rounds later I felt like a human being again. On the way home I stopped for a nice cream sundae.

Cure for a bad day: shoot 2 boxes of ammo and call me in the morning. (It's better than Vicodin.):cool:

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Drugs and guns like alcohol and guns not a good idea.

Reactions: GiGi

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drugs and guns like alcohol and guns not a good idea.
Agree. But, like in the Jefferson Airplane song "the ones the dentist gives you don't do anything at all."

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Holy Crappy Day, Batman!!!

Now that was a seriously crappy day!!! My mouth hurts just from reading about it!!!:(:(

I won't jump your bones about the vicodin and shooting. I'm sure you are aware of the correct course of action regarding that. I can understand how a good range session could improve your outlook on the day though!!!:D:D:D

I know how it feels to have a lousy day. Shooting does help. The bigger the bang, the better you feel!!! :eek::eek::eek: Specially if you have something to shoot that blows up or shatters!!! Water melons are a great choice, followed by tannerite!!!

Glad your day improved!! Just remember.........BE SAFE!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: GiGi

·
Registered
643 Posts
How were you driving hopped up on Vicodin???? That stuff knocks me out.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I would never shoot if I were UI. This was the equivalent of ibuprofen and it was a couple hours later too. Attached is the rest of the target which is 50 rounds at 7 yards. This actually is a goal met — to get all of the rounds in the 2nd ring. Next goal is to get all in the smallest ring. I have a ways to go on that.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Shaking my head at the concoction you had but I'm not gonna blast your nutz over it..
Next time just do the Vicodin and have a drink{or three} and get on the forum.
Nutin lik a foo mispeled wurds tu red wen ur drunc an hi un vikodun...:D

Nice shooting by the way...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How were you driving hopped up on Vicodin???? That stuff knocks me out.
Haha. We'll, as I said, this was a little better than aspirin. It doesn't do anything to me. Plus, I weigh 260 and I took one on a full stomach. These aren't the good ones you get after surgery.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Thanks, Porsche!!

I'm glad you clarified that about the pain meds. Thanks!!! :D:D:D

You need a new target there. That one has a big hole in it!!!:eek::eek::eek: Nice shooting there, actually!!! If you pull the target in to 6" away from the muzzle, one shot will make an even bigger hole!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hope you day goes better tomorrow!!!!;););)

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
148 Posts
By 5:00, it had been one of the worst days ever. It started with a root canal at 8:30 that I was late for due to a wreck on the freeway. Then at 1:00 I had to go to a second dentist for bridgework. A tooth broke off below the gum line so guess what?....They had to cut away gum! The novocaine wore off twice so I kept getting more needles when the pain got too bad. By 3:00, I actually prayed to God to make it stop. After getting a prescription filled, I went into the office at 4:30 and popped a Vicodin. I went in because I was supposed to interview a guy for a job opening at 5:00 on Friday! Our HR person is in trouble for that one. Since I couldn't even talk I rescheduled the interview and headed straight for the gun range. Just walking in made me feel better. Then I pulled out the Royal II and slipped in a magazine. First shot took out half the X. I smiled. Grimaced because it hurt, then smiled again. 100 rounds later I felt like a human being again. On the way home I stopped for a nice cream sundae.

Cure for a bad day: shoot 2 boxes of ammo and call me in the morning. (It's better than Vicodin.):cool:
Hell I'll like this post. I had a crap day too. Glad one of us shook it off!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm glad you clarified that about the pain meds. Thanks!!! :D:D:D

You need a new target there. That one has a big hole in it!!!:eek::eek::eek: Nice shooting there, actually!!! If you pull the target in to 6" away from the muzzle, one shot will make an even bigger hole!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hope you day goes better tomorrow!!!!;););)
Ok, so I went to look at the medicine bottle and understand why it's weak. It is Hydrocodone-Acetomenephen 5-325. That means 5mg of good stuff and 325mg of aspirin! 5mg of Hydrocodone is another way of saying Placebo!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I believe there is a "sticky" for bad days,bitching and moaning..{hint}
A friend of mine started it last week and I have used it quite a bit...
But it's bitching AND a range report!

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Ok, so I went to look at the medicine bottle and understand why it's weak. It is Hydrocodone-Acetomenephen 5-325. That means 5mg of good stuff and 325mg of aspirin! 5mg of Hydrocodone is another way of saying Placebo!
I figured as much since you shot rather well...
You set the "Kimber alarm bells" off with the word "Vicodin"

·
Registered
643 Posts
That explains it!!!! Tylenol...lol :)

Reactions: PorscheVille

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I figured as much since you shot rather well...
You set the "Kimber alarm bells" off with the word "Vicodin"
You can cancel the intervention, but it's still good to know y'all got my back! :)

Reactions: Marshall

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that there was $2,300 that I had to pay that insurance didn't cover. And that is only a partial payment. That's more than a Royal II! That's a Pro Carry AND an Ultra Carry! Oh the humanity!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts