Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's someday and maybe, and then there is the time when you say "I'm gonna do it!" Once you say that, you start thinking about it all the time...you know what I'm talking about. THE ITCH. Or maybe The Bug. Whatever, it requires scratching.

I'm scratching. I've decided to start saving my couch money to buy a Royal II. My question is: have any of you bought one or seen one. I'm sure they are awesome shooters, but what I am wondering is what they look like for real. Kimber takes great looking pictures for their web site. Is the real thing as pretty as it looks in the pictures? It's not like you're going to see a Royal II in your LGS.

I wants it.....:eek:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,190 Posts
There's someday and maybe, and then there is the time when you say "I'm gonna do it!" Once you say that, you start thinking about it all the time...you know what I'm talking about. THE ITCH. Or maybe The Bug. Whatever, it requires scratching.

I'm scratching. I've decided to start saving my couch money to buy a Royal II. My question is: have any of you bought one or seen one. I'm sure they are awesome shooters, but what I am wondering is what they look like for real. Kimber takes great looking pictures for their web site. Is the real thing as pretty as it looks in the pictures? It's not like you're going to see a Royal II in your LG
I wants it.....:eek:
I have never seen a Royal. Will this do?
Kimber Classic Carry Pro 45ACP In Stock! : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Talk about a pair of BBQ guns wow. I've always loved the look of both guns but the classic carry pro would be my first choice of the two. In a way it's good that the odds of finding one in my LGS are next to nothing good because if either one or both were to suddenly appear there I'd find a way to take them both home.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That Royal is one of the guns n my wish list.
Yep. I unfolded the wish list and the Royal II had made it to the top. And it was circled. And underlined. In red.

Chuck, since I have a Pro, and I'm not a fan of the bobtail look, and I want a 5-inch Kimber....that Royal is saying "you know I'm the one!"

Btw, what is the BBQ reference? Q as in safe queen?

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Yep. I unfolded the wish list and the Royal II had made it to the top. And it was circled. And underlined. In red.

Chuck, since I have a Pro, and I'm not a fan of the bobtail look, and I want a 5-inch Kimber....that Royal is saying "you know I'm the one!"

Btw, what is the BBQ reference? Q as in safe queen?
In Texas and some of the western states when someone throws a BBQ on the weekend it's customary to break out your fanciest gun and holster to wear to the event. Hence the term BBQ gun.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In Texas and some of the western states when someone throws a BBQ on the weekend it's customary to break out your fanciest gun and holster to wear to the event. Hence the term BBQ gun.
Ha! Thanks. I like that. As a man who lives South of the Mason-Dixon Line I've heard many good quotes, but that one is new to me.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Fellers, I itch and scratch All the time, sometimes for no apparent reason but to just get anudder....:eek:

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Insta-Gator, Sketter and a couple of other members in the Georgia area are talking about doing something like that. Depending on how far you are from the area they are planing the gathering at you might want to look into getting together with them.

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
Not seen your itch gun in person. BBQ gun, I like that idea. Count me in for the Georgia BBQ and gun club.

I have the itch for a Kimber Sapphire Ultra. Only seen pictures on Gunbroker and other sites.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Saw a Royal II in a LGS today, but it wasn't blued, it didn't have bone and it was $800. In fact, it looked like an Eclipse. Wondering what's wrong with it. It was on consignment, so maybe somebody just needs the cash.

·
Super Moderator
38,342 Posts
Not seen your itch gun in person. BBQ gun, I like that idea. Count me in for the Georgia BBQ and gun club.

I have the itch for a Kimber Sapphire Ultra. Only seen pictures on Gunbroker and other sites.
The biggest repeated complaint I've heard about the Kimber Sapphire Ultra is that the finish isn't very durable.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Actually, my other brother Chuck is considering being the sponsor for the Southern Guns & BBQ weekend. But we're all willing co-conspirators.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Actually, my other brother Chuck is considering being the sponsor for the Southern Guns & BBQ weekend. But we're all willing co-conspirators.
River Bend Gun Club is not making it easy, but I think I've figured out a plan...... I need a few more weeks and I'll give you guys he details. I'll start a thread next week so I can get a good idea of the number of people interested.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
If RBGC is concerned, we could just pick a local place for a BBQ or a BBQ restaurant and then visit the nearest range.

It's the fun that counts, not the location. :D

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
The biggest repeated complaint I've heard about the Kimber Sapphire Ultra is that the finish isn't very durable.
I've heard that also but not a deal breaker for me. I plan on shooting it but not carrying it around a lot. I don't mind a little normal wear.

Reactions: Josey Wales

·
Registered
14,005 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts