Kimber Talk Forums banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Who loads 115 grn 9mm? What powder do you use?
I load a 125 grain hard cast hitech coated round nose for my 9mm's. I use the SNS castings coated bullets. (Used to use xtreme copper plated until they kept raising their prices) I would recomend W231 powder for 9mm and 45ACP works great for both. I use 4.0 to 4.2 grains for my 125 grain bullets. Check your loading book for 115 grain loads.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have used W231 for years in 9mm and 45 ACP. In 9MM I use 4.5 grains of W231 under a Montana Gold 124 grain JHP bullet. I also use Winchester primers.

During the powder shortage I used almost anything I could find...Titegroup and 700x mostly. I still have 16 pounds of 700x.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I have used W231 for years in 9mm and 45 ACP. In 9MM I use 4.5 grains of W231 under a Montana Gold 124 grain JHP bullet. I also use Winchester primers.
I drop the charge .5 for the hard cast lead as they are .001 bigger diameter and have higher velocity with less powder. I use the CCI or Winchester primers too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I didn’t see anyone specifically answer your question. I load 115gr 9mm. Usually Berry’s plated RN, but recently picked up some concave base 115gr FMJ RN.

I use VV N320 and HP-38 for majority of loads. Have also used Silhouette, VV3N37, and most recently, CFE-P.

HP-38 4.1gr to 4.4gr, above that is harsh in my 92FS. 4.1gr seems a favorite. VV N320 loads about the as HP-38, but longer C.O.L. specified by VV load manual.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Getting ready to load develop 10mm for my Target II LS . Going with the Berry's 180 gr RNFP's and 800X powder (tried to find some AA#9 locally but no luck). Was curious if anyone has had good precision with this combo ?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Just a cold, wet, rainy Monday. Time to load up some 41 Magnums!! These are SNS coated SWC 215 grain hardcast 16 to 17 BRN loaded with 6.2 grains of Trail Boss. Right around 875 FPS. Nice plinking round. Next Load will be Hornady XTP 210 grainers over 21.6 grains of H110 for about 1575 FPS those are cookin.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Just a cold, wet, rainy Monday. Time to load up some 41 Magnums!! …. QUOTE]

Those are good looking rounds … nice job. This is reloading weather for sure. I like to do a lot of my loading this time of year. I have several thousand Barnes plated bullets for .38/.357 that I bought on sale last summer. I love loading up my own range ammo … load now, shoot later.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Just a cold, wet, rainy Monday. Time to load up some 41 Magnums!! …. QUOTE]

Those are good looking rounds … nice job. This is reloading weather for sure. I like to do a lot of my loading this time of year. I have several thousand Barnes plated bullets for .38/.357 that I bought on sale last summer. I love loading up my own range ammo … load now, shoot later.
Thank you sir. I love those SNS SWC bullets, I use them in my 357 for Light Magnum loads. (Up to 1500 FPS) Round Nose 9mm, 45 and the 380 too. They shoot really clean and no leading. Saves on the rifling too not being copper, less wear. Lowest price on coated projectiles on the web.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Loads for 9mm Xtreme bullets

I've got about 300 rounds through my Micro9 and I'd like to load up some 124 grain RN (.3555"dia) and 147 grain RN (.356 dia) to continue break-in. My bullets are Xtreme (copper plated). I'm having trouble finding loads in the manuals for copper plated bullets. Somewhere I read that I can use the data for cast lead bullets directly or that I can reduce the load for jacketed bullets by 10%. Any thoughts on this?

Does anyone have any loads that they like for these weights of copper plated bullets? Also, the coal would be helpful, too.

The powders I have on hand are: Win231, Bullseye, and Blue Dot.
I would not be against buying a different powder if I had to, but I'd like to use up what I have, if possible. Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I bought two Lee progressive presses a few years ago. One is in 45 ACP and the other in 9mm. I have plenty of Winchester powder, both caliber Precision Delta booletts, a few thousand one fired brass in each caliber and scales dial calipers and such. Never gotten around to it but maybe someday since I retired.

A lot of nice set-ups you guys have.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Blue bullets? Anyone use them?

I'm presently running 3.6gr titegroup on a 124gr xtreme round nose. I have heard that these blue bullets are more accurate than xtreme plated. Anyone have experience with these blue bullets. I just bought a sample pack to try. The company suggested using the same load data. Is that true or should you back down with these bullets. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Banned
8,281 Posts
Does anyone here punch paper with a 1911?

I used to, and I still have a 1/2 coffee can of 225 semi-wadcutter in .452, as yet unsized.

I don't know how I'll get them to you, but I was an anal-retentive bullet caster, and they are all perfect.

Click on picture to enlarge.

001.JPG

41 - 60 of 101 Posts