Kimber Talk Forums banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I do. Well... or more accurately stated used to.

Haven't shot at paper much for a quite a while. I've got some 200gr Berry's loaded with 4.4 Win 231 that my Colt really likes. Thanks for the reminder... I need to get out and exercise that Colt.

Nice offer. I wouldn't use them but you should be able to send using those prepaid USPS boxes.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,281 Posts
Phil, my stuff always had a lot of tin in the mix. If kept under 1,000 FPS they should make a minimum of mess. Back in the day when men were men and sheep were nervous, me and my best man used to go through 400 rounds (per each) every week. It could be .44 Rem Mag reloads in our 629s or these paper punchers in our 1911s.

I still have all my reloading stuff, but polishing takes up all my time. The bullets should go to a member who burns up practice rounds.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
...me and my RCBS rock chucker supreme have been at it for about 15 years or so... reload quite a bit of the Holy Black Powder as well as that heathen smokeless powder too....

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I didn't catch this topic was an old thread so this is another post from me(I first posted in 2019).

I was hoping it was plans for a nice reloading bench when I just saw the latest posts.

I still have the two NIB Lee progressive presses (one in 9mm and another in 45 ACP), all the components and powder but never yet tried to reload. I hope to someday set up a bench in a corner of my new 24 X 30 detached garage and start reloading.....after in finish the restoration on my 1972 442 which I've recently started back on!

I'll keep watching this topic! Thanks Chuck!

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
I still have the two NIB Lee progressive presses (one in 9mm and another in 45 ACP), all the components and powder but never yet tried to reload. I hope to someday set up a bench in a corner of my new 24 X 30 detached garage and start reloading. I'll keep watching this topic! Thanks Chuck!
I am in almost the same position. I have a new Lee progressive, well, actually it's a few years old now. I also have the brass. etc for 1000 rounds of 45 Super (for my Springer V-16 Long Slide). I just need to get all my uncles old shop 'junk' out of my shop, now that I have it sorted. Hopefully this spring I can get about 1/3 of my shop back.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
...just finished up reloading 102 9mm rounds; using various powders and measures... ...will test drive them this next week to see which one(s) I like...
...have 1200 brass .38 Special in the process of being cleaned...

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I figure if I ever get the two presses set up and working I won't have to mess with them every time because I won't be changing out calibers every time!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Been running my rockchucker since 1980

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I figure if I ever get the two presses set up and working I won't have to mess with them every time because I won't be changing out calibers every time!
...since I have and use a single stage press; changing it out for different calibers is pretty quick; and since I reload .32 S&W short and long, .32 H&R Magnum, .38 Special, 9mm, .45 ACP, .45 Colt, .30-06, .38-55, and .45-70... ...I am sticking with whut I got....

...I do have 2 RCBS powder drops: 1 is for the Holy Black Powder and 2 is for that heathen smokeless powder...

...and I do have a 30" drop for precision Holy Black Powder rifle loads--that long range shootin' thing...

...for a great shooting experience, go to the NRA Whittington Center... ...have shot here several times and actually hit the White Buffalo ONCE, out of quite several tries...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Single stage for me for all my precision rifle rounds, and old Ponsess Warren Metal-Matic semi-progressive for my revolver rounds, and a Dillon RL-550B for 9mm and .45 ACP.

Two interchangeable toolheads on the Dillon make caliber change a snap, taking all of five minutes for a complete caliber changeover.

Now my only issue is virtually ALL my empty handgun cases are loaded up, filling 14 .50 caliber cans in my gun room. I'm out of empty cases to load now! :eek:

Maybe it's time to go and shoot some of this valuable ammo......:rolleyes:

And for OKbound: Never been to Whittington, too dang far for target shooting when I've got about 10,000 acres of BLM land (NOT the asshole BLM!) to shoot on five minutes from the house. But if I was closer, that would be another issue altogether. Read a lot about the place.

·
Registered
423 Posts
OK, this is from a reloading NOOB here. I was just looking at the new Hornady dies I recently purchased. The dies have no external markings on the dies themselves. How can I tell the difference between a .308 Winchester die and a 6.5 Creedmoor die should (God forbid) they get mixed up? (No I didn't mix them up, just paranoid.) Should I mark them with an engraver or something for future clarification? Sure the box has the nomenclature on it, but... What if? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: cousinmark

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
...I have 12 different die sets for my RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme, and I only use one die set at a time... ...as for what each particular die does in any one set; I just look at it...
...however you could color code each die in each set; and have different colors for each full set... ...use finger nail polish to put a dot on each die... ...I reckon...

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
No marks..wtf.....

ok, this is from a reloading noob here. I was just looking at the new hornady dies i recently purchased. The dies have no external markings on the dies themselves. How can i tell the difference between a .308 winchester die and a 6.5 creedmoor die should (god forbid) they get mixed up? (no i didn't mix them up, just paranoid.) should i mark them with an engraver or something for future clarification? Sure the box has the nomenclature on it, but... What if? Asking for a friend.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
OK, this is from a reloading NOOB here. I was just looking at the new Hornady dies I recently purchased. The dies have no external markings on the dies themselves. How can I tell the difference between a .308 Winchester die and a 6.5 Creedmoor die should (God forbid) they get mixed up? (No I didn't mix them up, just paranoid.) Should I mark them with an engraver or something for future clarification? Sure the box has the nomenclature on it, but... What if? Asking for a friend.
I'd mark them and keep the caliber specific sets together as well. An important aspect of reloading is developing a variety of safety protocols you can stick to. Being a novice myself I only work on one thing at a time. One caliber, one powder, one bullet...
Handloading is lots of fun (if you could find the components) but is inherently dangerous. Have fun :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
OK, I'll be careful to only open one set at a time. I do understand the ramifications of mixing up dies. I purchased a dremel metal engraver so I will take it one step further and engrave the dies and the box.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
ok, i'll be careful to only open one set at a time. I do understand the ramifications of mixing up dies. I purchased a dremel metal engraver so i will take it one step further and engrave the dies and the box.
still wondering why in the hell they wouldn't put info on them...lawsuit waiting to happen

61 - 80 of 101 Posts