Kimber Talk Forums banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

Registered
Absolutely!! For my Hornady L&L AP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...neat looking; but I prefer to keep my dies in the box they came in...
...my shop ain't in the house... ...it be an outbuilding; that I can heat when I am in it...

...and a question if you don't mind... ...why so many powder drops? ...I have one powder drop for heathen smokeless powders and one for Holy Black Powder...

Registered
...neat looking; but I prefer to keep my dies in the box they came in...
...my shop ain't in the house... ...it be an outbuilding; that I can heat when I am in it...

...and a question if you don't mind... ...why so many powder drops? ...I have one powder drop for heathen smokeless powders and one for Holy Black Powder...
Powder drops, their cheap, precise, and I don't have to mess with my best loads that are already set. The Lee powder drops are dirt cheap and drop just as good as any drop on the market. When they do break, throw it away and spend another $35

Registered
...it be a grey cold day here; looks like a great day to see if I can get my shop warm and load some low recoil .38 Special for the boss lady...

Registered
...it be a grey cold day here; looks like a great day to see if I can get my shop warm and load some low recoil .38 Special for the boss lady...
For light 38 loads have you ever tried Trail Boss powder? That's my light cowboy load go to powder.

Registered
For light 38 loads have you ever tried Trail Boss powder? That's my light cowboy load go to powder.

...yes I have... ...shot a lot of Cowboy Action... ...use Holy Black Powder for my loads the last 10 years... shot duelist and double duelist...

Registered
...beautiful day here in north Alabama; headed to the shop for load up 150 rounds or so of .38 Special with light loads for the boss lady... she wants low recoil... so, will have 5 to 8 different loads for her to try...

Registered
...here's my method of cleaning guns that shoot the Holy Black Powder and lots of it:

...every Blackpowder shooter probably has their own recipe:

The cleaning process:
1. disassemble each gun
2. have the 1 gallon electric hot water teapot on, and bring to full rolling boil
3. (note that this is done in Ms. Mary Matilda's kitchen sink) pour that really hot water all over each part of the each gun (one gun at a time) and place in the hot water in the sink
4. remove the gun parts and quickly go to the garage and liberally spray all parts with Moose Milk (parts are still hot to the touch) the moose milk spray prevents flash rust from forming.
5. then wipe down with a rag that has been sprayed with Ballistol.
6. assemble each gun
7. clean Ms. Mary Matilda's sink when done... (she shoots Frontier Cartridge as well)
Moose Milk = 1/3 Murphy's oil, 1/3 alcohol, and 1/3 water...

When at a shoot that was more than 1 day, I used Windex and then the above once back home...

Registered
Man Cave

Good idea there, Chuck.

I'm sure there's a substantial portion of KT members who handload, so it makes sense to have a sub forum for that group.

My Man Cave.
I've been at it since 1968, still learning as there's always something interesting to pursue, weather it be a revolver, pistol, or rifle. I load for everything I own, including shotgun in 12 and 20 ga. All my progressive presses (Dillon, MEC, PW) are stored in a closet until needed to keep the bench area as uncluttered as possible. The pic was taken in a rare, "uncluttered" moment....

Only problem is that the walls are growing closer to the center of the room as noticed by wifey recently. This pic was from 2013.....it's worse now. :eek:
All that through a Rockchucker?? Amazin!

Registered
All that through a Rockchucker?? Amazin!
Yeah, that would indeed be amazing. I only load my CF rifle rounds on the single stage, I've got a Dillon RL550B and a P/W Metalmatic for auto pistol and revolver, two MEC 9000's for shotgun. Just can't put all the presses on the bench at one time; the Redding Max press lives there.

Registered
I like Autocomp powder for 9mm 124gr jacketed bullets. I also use it in my .380 behind 90gr jhp. Used a little of WST for lead loads in both calibers, but you have to be cautious as pressure ramps up quickly. Recently purchased a Hornady Lock and Load Automeasure and Scale and love it. Speeds up the process when using single stage press. It can be despensing powder while I seat the bullet.

Registered
I like Autocomp powder for 9mm 124gr jacketed bullets. I also use it in my .380 behind 90gr jhp. Used a little of WST for lead loads in both calibers, but you have to be cautious as pressure ramps up quickly. Recently purchased a Hornady Lock and Load Autoload and Scale and love it. Speeds up the process when using single stage press. It can be despensing powder while I seat the bullet.
Been a big fan of HP38 or W231 for years on all my 45 and 9mm, 380. I use it for lead and plated. 38 special Trail Boss 125 grain lead and 147 grain wad cutters. 357, 41 mag and 300 BLK I use H110. All these make really good loads

Registered
I scored big yesterday. Several months ago I purchased a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I've needed ammo and wasn't about to pay the high inflated covid prices. I have primers, bullets and brass. But I did not have any preferred powder. So yesterday I snagged 3 pounds of IMR 4451. It wasn't exactly the preferred powder, but it will do until I find the right stuff.

Hopefully this is a sign of things showing up again.

Registered
Got 7 can of that a couple years ago at an estate sale along with a tumbler some dies and misc for 20 bucks.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts