Good or Bad?

• Good

• Bad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
ALL of them will settle.
The last thing any of them want to do is see this reach a courtroom.
Then their actions, along with the narrative gets spotlighted under oath for the world to see.
Lies become purjury, and crimes get exposed.

He should settle with all but the biggest fish, and then take one all the way home to the courtroom.

Reactions: DHR Darren

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
This is Onion (internet) bullshit. If there was a decision for that kind of money there will be an appeal. And the settlement with be significantly less.

Like the woman who scorched her umm... you know... with hot coffee from McDonalds and won 10M. On appeal, her lawyers knew she was going to lose and they settled for 30k.

Don't believe the crap you read online.

As much as I can't stand Joy Behar and her ilk, the only loser here is The View's insurance company. And it won't be $22M.

In lawsuits like this, the amount of a settlement is very rarely disclosed and the parties involved risk unraveling the agreement if they talk about it publicly.

This sounds like bullshit to me. Because it is. 22 million is not even in the realm of reality. That kid might be lucky to earn 2 million in his lifetime. Compensatory and punitive damages are never in the tens of millions for an average schlub like him. Sorry, I don't buy it.

• Angry
Reactions: Dadeoo

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
This is Onion (internet) bullshit. If there was a decision for that kind of money there will be an appeal. And the settlement with be significantly less.

Like the woman who scorched her umm... you know... with hot coffee from McDonalds and won 10M. On appeal, her lawyers knew she was going to lose and they settled for 30k.

Don't believe the crap you read online.

As much as I can't stand Joy Behar and her ilk, the only loser here is The View's insurance company. And it won't be $22M.

In lawsuits like this, the amount of a settlement is very rarely disclosed and the parties involved risk unraveling the agreement if they talk about it publicly.

This sounds like bullshit to me. Because it is. 22 million is not even in the realm of reality. That kid might be lucky to earn 2 million in his lifetime. Compensatory and punitive damages are never in the tens of millions for an average schlub like him. Sorry, I don't buy it.
Vertebrate Cartoon Organism Happy Mammal

·
Registered
58 Posts
Eli Dicken and his attorney appear to be planning defamation lawsuits. However, Kyle Rittenhouse did not actually settle a lawsuit with The View. He couldn't because he hasn't filed a lawsuit against The View.

The article that claims that happened was published on USA Taters, a parody news website.

Reactions: Oklahomabound
1 - 9 of 9 Posts