Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I have been really thinking about adding a Stainless Compact ll to my line-up and it would most likely be my EDC choice. I have a stainless Ultra Raptor and Tactical Pro ll. I like the shorter grip of the Ultra and the 4" barrel of the Pro and the Stainless Compact ll seems to combine the 2 together.
For those that have the Compact series, what are your thoughts? Pros and cons.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I have not owned a compact but did have the old Springfield version like that years ago. There is much to said for the smoother cycling of the 4" and the concealment advantages of the officer length frame. Let's us know how it works for you if you get one.

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
I don't own a Compact but I see no reason why it would not make a fine EDC pistol. I carry either my Ultra CDP or my old faithful Detonics Combat Master, if I am in a revolver mood it is a Charter Arms .44 Bulldog or Colt Agent. Good Luck.
My thought is you can't have to many pistols.

Reactions: Chuck66 and Chuck43

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Oh Yeah........!!!!

The Compact Stainless II sounds like a great EDC pistol. I like the Pro size, but I could easily see myself using a Compact instead!! ;););) Just a hair easier to conceal, with just as much oomph!!

If it feels good to you, that's what you should choose!! :D:D Send us some pictures when you get it and a range report, too!! Be Safe!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I own a compact stainless II and love it. I purchased it for an EDC gun. I haven't had any issues with it other than a couple FTFs during the break in period. I have not carried it yet but I plan to as soon as it's broken in. And like I said I bought it for that purpose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts