Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I purchased my first Kimber pistol... a Ultra CDP II. It has become one of the best pistols I own. It shoots great and I love taking it apart and cleaning it.

This is my problem (and I know this may sound crazy). It looks so nice that I don't like carrying it fulltime. I'm afraid I may scratch it or damage the beauty of it. So, I'm thinking of purchasing a Tactical Ultra that looks a little more durable for all day carry and I won't be so worried in getting it scratched or damaging the looks. I know all this sounds crazy but having another Kimber is not all that bad..........:)

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Have you considered one of the stainless steel models as an EDC?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would also recommend a full stainless model of your choice. Kimbers stainless in a satin finish and makes it a perfect candidate for glass bead blasting. The glass beads set on a low psi will return the gun to brand new looking of you start accumulating scratches. I have done this to many guns myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never considered the glass bead blasting. Didn't know it was an option. That could actually be a plan.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's easy to do, but messy. I got my glass beads from Harbor Freight and my blaster from a local hardware store. I already had an air compressor.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
SS Is The Way To Go!!!

If you are looking for a tough as nails, durable EDC pistol, look no farther than Kimbers stainless models. If your choice is basic, there is the Stainless Pro Carry. If you want to go fancy, there is the Stainless Pro Raptor.Either will take more constant carry abuse than any other Kimber models.

To paraphrase Horace Greelely,"Think stainless, young man!!!!;);););)

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
I think not wanting to mess up your pretty gun is as good a reason as any to buy another Kimber. I agree with others on stainless. I want my next Kimber to be a Stainless Raptor.

·
Super Moderator
5,190 Posts
Keeping your Ultra CDPII looking like new is a fantastic reason for buying another Kimber!! My EDC is a Stainless Pro Carry II. It's holding up well.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Oh boy this looks like the start of a really nice gun collection..:D:D

·
Super Moderator
38,337 Posts
This is my problem (and I know this may sound crazy). It looks so nice that I don't like carrying it fulltime. I'm afraid I may scratch it or damage the beauty of it. So. , I'm thinking of purchasing a Tactical Ultra that looks a little more durable for all day carry and I won't be so worried in getting it scratched or damaging the looks I know all this sounds crazy but having another Kimber is not all that bad..........:)
That works for me OneShot, go for it. I've used similar excuses to buy a new gun myself.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Keeping your Ultra CDPII looking like new is a fantastic reason for buying another Kimber!! My EDC is a Stainless Pro Carry II. It's holding up well.
Another Really good reason is . . . place your left index finger on the right side of your right wrist. It's VERY important that you follow these insructions exactly. After placing your left finger on right wrist you should feel a pulsing type of tactile response. This is really good news! It means you have a pulse!! Having a Pulse is a great thing to have! Now go celebrate that wonderful Pulse by buying a new Kimber. :D:D

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Super Moderator
38,337 Posts
There are some great pushers on this site.
Thank you Ultraman, that's the nicest thing anyone has called me all day, LOL.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Welcome from Ohio, Charlie. Tell us a little about yourself.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have a stainless Pro Carry II. It is extremely accurate, reliable (1999 flawless rounds to 1 FTF) and as for looks...a picture is worth a thousand ships. Or something like that.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts