Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Have you been on the 1911 forum.
They have a place for all different handguns.
It is not brand specific like this forum.
Some of the same poster though.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm on all the forums, but I'm interested in a lot of different guns, optics, etc. Sometimes you can get good info from posting questions about different guns in places like this. Hell, if I had a question about flintlocks, there are guys on this forum that probably remember when that new-fangled percussion cap came along. :D

·
Super Moderator
37,618 Posts
Hell, if I had a question about flintlocks, there are guys on this forum that probably remember when that new-fangled percussion cap came along. :D
I don't play with those new fangled percussion cap do-dads but I've got a .40 cal. flintlock. I haven't played with it in years, still have a can of FFFF priming powder and a couple of pounds of FFF black powder. That's the real stuff not the synthetic. Once in a while when I feeling ornery I'll take an empty 12ga hull, knock out the primer and stick a fire cracker in it with the wick sticking out the primer hole. Fill the hull with black powder, seal it and scare the crap out of the neighbors.

·
Super Moderator
37,618 Posts
You must live in the fun part of Highland Park!
Highland Park is way out of my league, I don't have the money or desire to live in a place like that.

·
Super Moderator
37,618 Posts
I thought I read someplace you posted that you lived in HP!
No, I'm out in the western suburbs, think O'Hare airport then follow the sun as it sets.

·
Super Moderator
37,618 Posts
Does Rockford come to mind?
Now that you mention it, yes it brings back fond memories of a frisky woman I dated 20 some years ago from there. Sharpen your compass, that's northwest of O'Hare, I'm west of it.

·
Super Moderator
37,618 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts