Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Hearing protection.
Don't leave home without it.

You sleep with those in your ears?
Or just hope you have time to grab them, while praying to God the intruder is alone ....and loud enough to hear through those cheap disposable $0.10 plugs?

I'm not sure you thought this through...

Reactions: DungFu

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
View attachment 130481
A project I have been working on. It abates harmful noise but it also utilizes AI to interpret speech in real-time, filtering out any statement that is ridiculous.
So if I wear it and watch the news it will be like having the TV on mute?

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
89 Posts
After 20+ years of USMC active duty w/ 6 combat deployments (in addition to starting out as an 0331), I "try" to take care of my hearing as much as possible. Lots of damage already done, so just holding what I got.

My main reason for having a threaded barrel on my micro (smallest) 9mm's is for hosting a short suppressor to use as a nightstand HD option. The pistol can be wielded quicker and more instinctively to access the "bump in the night" for me, but I can always just past "Go" and grab my STF-12 pump if necessary and live to worry about my hearing later.

The smaller size of the micro/mini 9mm that is TFS offers me ease of maneuverability in the house while providing some level of hearing protection with an attached can. In my particular HD setup, I have different firearms for different uses in multiple areas. With each of them, I've trained and rehearsed to arm up and access the situation, utilize the pistol as required (w/ a "disciplined" light), and then fight at or fight to the area in the room or house (or property) with the next appropriate sized/ranged firearm as needed.

Some of my HD firearms are suppressed, some are not. Besides looking like a spy or assassin or just looking "cool" and having fun on the range, a suppressed micro/mini/sub-compact pistol works best for me pulling HD duties. Unless I want to carry it IWB and really impress the Ladies. :LOL:

YMMV...

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
89 Posts
In addition to the Sig P938 Legion, I also tracked down a Sig P938 BRG w/ a TLR-6 that'll get it's own threaded barrel later this month. Seen here w/ a S.Co Omega 9K...
Wood Bicycle part Tree Metal Nickel
Wood Tool Gun accessory Gun barrel Trigger

A very nice, compact silenced hammer-fired 9mm. I wish the Micro 9 had an available threaded barrel and I'm not sure about the Mako, but I feel this something Kimber should consider selling separately for cans and comps.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts