Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not this guy..
Hat Fashion Sleeve Fedora Cool

I have a few guns that I consider "Truck Guns".
These have more stopping power than a handgun and their compactness makes them work well as a strong backup for a CCW, in case thing go from bad to worse.

My thoughts are: My handgun gets me to my truck, my truck gun gets me home.

Air gun Trigger Grass Groundcover Gun barrel

12g Shockwave
9mm MP5
300blk AR pistol
5.56 AR pistol "Commando"

The 300 blk usually rides with me every time I leave the house.

What do you have?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
No, not this guy..
View attachment 131160

These have more stopping power than a handgun and their compactness makes them work well as a strong backup for a CCW, in case thing go from bad to worse.

View attachment 131159

12g Shockwave
9mm MP5
300blk AR pistol

What do you have?
I know you live in S Ga. Does the area you live in have a high crime rate?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
No, not this guy..
View attachment 131160

View attachment 131159

12g Shockwave
9mm MP5
300blk AR pistol

What do you have?
What kind of truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know you live in S Ga. Does the area you live in have a high crime rate?
Not at all. I live on a dirt road, on a river, two miles from pavement, in a tiny town with one red light.
But I do drive near the bigger cities like Macon and Savannah for auctions and customers every week.
When we have sitting US congressmen and women openly calling for violence and labeling people threats for being patriots, it's time to pay attention to what they are saying.

That said, the truck gun is mostly for 4 legged threats.
The biggest threat here would be wild hogs. They are destructive, invasive, aggressive critters that we shoot on sight. They get big here. 4-500 lbs is common.
I live in a very rural area. A big hog or sow will fuck you up, and help is going to take a long time to get there
(I also keep 2 steel targets and white spray paint, in case I need some spontaneous trigger therapy.)
River life is good for the soul.

What kind of truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GMC Yukon 4x4.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Not at all. I live on a dirt road, on a river, two miles from pavement, in a tiny town with one red light.
But I do drive near the bigger cities like Macon and Savannah for auctions and customers every week.
When we have sitting US congressmen and women openly calling for violence and labeling people threats for being patriots, it's time to pay attention to what they are saying.

That said, the truck gun is mostly for 4 legged threats.
The biggest threat here would be wild hogs. They are destructive, invasive, aggressive critters that we shoot on sight. They get big here. 4-500 lbs is common.
I live in a very rural area. A big hog or sow will fuck you up, and help is going to take a long time to get there
(I also keep 2 steel targets and white spray paint, in case I need some spontaneous trigger therapy.)
River life is good for the soul.

GMC Yukon 4x4.
I hear you. I use to live in N Ga tons of deer & even bears. Down here in Fl where I live there is not much crime but I still carry there are a lot of fuckin nuts out there so I’m comfortable knowing I have a piece on me. You just never know when shit is going to happen

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
With the administration letting in border crossers from many areas of the world and transporting them a lot of the time halfway across the country, carrying 100% is a really good idea! And with the antifa and anarchist groups vowing to create societal violence across the country due to SC decisions and policies they don't like maybe a truck gun is a good idea. I only CCW but if the level of unrest starts to climb, I might start putting a more powerful/effective gun in my truck. I worry something might happen while my wife is at work and I have a plan to get to her worksite and be there to get her home. Part of my plan is to make my truck easier to find in a crowd and with a 4WD, I can place it where it's easy to spot. I'll have my EDC gun, another back up gun and maybe my hi cap shotgun loaded with mini slugs. Just to get her home if the scenario ever happens. The 4WD will allow me to move back towards home and bypass traffic jams (sorry about that pretty lawn). The extra equipment is only used if a situation occurs. No trouble wanted, I just want to get Grandma home with me if SHTF! The USA today isn't your daddy's USA IMO! And I run on the principle of "Don't f*ck with me and I won't f*ck with you"!!

BTW bad ninja .....nice assortment! My favorites are the 9mm MP5 and the 300blk AR pistol! I'd take one of those if I had them. :cool:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
...the vehicle always has a 9mm close at hand... ...then there is the carry with 2 magazines.... ...and most times their is a Colt Competition 1911 .38 Super with hydrashocks alternating with FMJ that is in beside the seat.... ...the .38 Super is for anything with legs or behind something or in a vehicle...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts