Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have been considering getting another pocket knife and have 2 that caught my eye:
...Emerson Mini CQC-7BW Flipper
or
...Zero Tolerance model 0393GLCF

...local knife store and several of each and both feel great in my hand... ...all my knives are working knives, ie., cutting things like hay bale twine/cardboard/anything else that needs got...

...what say y'all???

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
No personal experience with either knife, but I'd suggest checking out both BladeHQ and Knife Center online and compare blade steel and reviews of each blade you're considering. Unless you like to patronize your local knife store, the prices at these two outfits are usually 'pretty good' and will almost always be less than local.

Late Edit: Just looked at the three most popular online knife outlets, and none had the two knives you're interested in. If you're set on either of the two, it appears you've got close to home choices.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've got the Emerson without the flipper, used about 10 years. It's a very solid knife and quite comfy in hand. The Tanto shape sucks for many daily tasks where slicing is needed.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have a Zero Tolerance ZT350 im S30V.
It's the least expensive ZT and it is built like a tank.
I have cut everything from sheet metal ducting to linoleum rolls, and abused this knife beyond its intended use. It is still tight, locks up solid, blade still centered, and will get sharp enough to shave your mom.

I dont have the one you listed, but the quality of the one I have is superb.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Zero Tolerance ZT350 im S30V.
It's the least expensive ZT and it is built like a tank.
I have cut everything from sheet metal ducting to linoleum rolls, and abused this knife beyond its intended use. It is still tight, locks up solid, blade still centered, and will get sharp enough to shave your mom.

I dont have the one you listed, but the quality of the one I have is superb.
...nice blade!!! ...you use a knife like I do... you've given ZT a big recommendation...

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
I would buy both. I don't have either of the ones you mentioned.

I've only been buying auto knives for a long time now. Can't remember the last time I bought a manual folder.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
...what say y'all???
I'm sure Ernest Emerson is a nice guy, and he's certainly come up with some nice innovations. But his knives are possum vomit. It's well known that his knives are fat and clunky with tight pivots and locks that are prone to binding. Fanboys and Navy Seal Wannabe's love 'em, but there are much better knives available. Both Kershaw and Pro-Tech make some Emerson licensed models, including a CQC7. I think the ZT is a much prettier knife, but even if it looked like Rosie O'Donnell, I'd buy it before I'd buy anything with Emerson's name on it.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I'm sure Ernest Emerson is a nice guy, and he's certainly come up with some nice innovations. But his knives are possum vomit. It's well known that his knives are fat and clunky with tight pivots and locks that are prone to binding. Fanboys and Navy Seal Wannabe's love 'em, but there are much better knives available. Both Kershaw and Pro-Tech make some Emerson licensed models, including a CQC7. I think the ZT is a much prettier knife, but even if it looked like Rosie O'Donnell, I'd buy it before I'd buy anything with Emerson's name on it.
I had read that Emerson's knives weren't the best quality but I havent owned one.

Zero Tolerance is owned by KAI industries, which owns Kershaw.

ZT are kinda tacticool looking but not overly so.
I like mine.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Last knife I bought (July) was a Kershaw Launch 6. It is awesome sauce.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts