Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While out walking with the boys earlier today, I saw a large doe with 3 fawns. I thought that was unusual, so I did a little research on the subject. I found out that about 14% of does in a healthy environment will have triplets. I've been hunting deer for over 65 years and learned something new about them today.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Lots of fawns running around here this time of year. Usually see 2 with the doe. Now I’m going to have to pay more attention for triplets.

·
Super Moderator
38,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just looked up from the computer to refill my coffee cup and look what wandered through my backyard.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My woodlot is the neighborhood Whitetail Obstetrics ward. This year, I looked out the kitchen window and saw one doe nursing two fawns, and another nursing one. I've fenced my fruit trees and garden, but they're eating everything else. My neighbor has two apple trees, so all are fattening up nicely...Deer in my area are thriving in the suburban/small town environment.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My woodlot is the neighborhood Whitetail Obstetrics ward. This year, I looked out the kitchen window and saw one doe nursing two fawns, and another nursing one. I've fenced my fruit trees and garden, but they're eating everything else. My neighbor has two apple trees, so all are fattening up nicely...Deer in my area are thriving in the suburban/small town environment.
It had gotten seriously over grazed here. It was so bad that I could out through the brush and it looked like clear cut from armpit level down. The city was talking about opening up swaths for hunting or calling in professional bow hunters. Well they didn't open it to hunters and there was nothing said about professional hunters. This year though you can tell a difference. I have 3 acres surrounded on 3 sides buy woods. Last year it was normal to see 20-30 deer in my yard (really). This year maybe 5. My wife even has flowers this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts