Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
Besides the lack of an ambi-safety on the Garrison I don't see much difference. They both look good.
Now I see you didn't get the Garrison, IMO the Loaded is the better pistol...

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Call your sponsor, this was obviously a relapse 🤣🤣
You have no idea. In the last 60 days, I have ordered 5 revolvers and 4 1911s.
Besides the lack of an ambi-safety on the Garrison I don't see much difference. They both look good.
Now I see you didn't get the Garrison, IMO the Loaded is the better pistol...
Loaded has the Ambi Safety, front serrations and full length guide rod. Those are the big differences. Its not $500 worth but is what it is. That loaded used to sell for around $850-$900 before people lost their dang minds. Now with them being discontinued, there really aren't many options shopping around.

I ordered a Colt Series 70 Competition in 45 to replace the Garrison.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
Yea, not sure a full length guide rod is of any advantage but hey? I've almost bought a Colt Competition in the past, I like it better than the Garrison. I see like me you like the stainless look!

Reactions: JC45 and Philmo11

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, not sure a full length guide rod is of any advantage but hey? I've almost bought a Colt Competition in the past, I like it better than the Garrison. I see like me you like the stainless look!
I prefer the stability of a full length guide rod rather than that short stubby rod just kind of flailing around in there but the partial guide rods work and they are easier to take down. So I am really indifferent.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
So the Garrison isn't coming. I got a call this morning telling me they sold it to someone else. Given the price I paid for it, I am guessing it didn't sell high enough. I'll be watching for it to resurface.
Don’t know what a good price is for a Garrison but here’s one in stock.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don’t know what a good price is for a Garrison but here’s one in stock.

I am only buying stainless at the moment. Some day I’ll venture into the blued market, but for now, stainless and hard chrome only. I have 1 parkerized 1911 and I only have it because it’s a niche gun, BBR 3.10.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's a good-looking handgun! May you enjoy many years and rounds.
I've got a stainless Springfield from circa 2000. It's not marked "Loaded" but has all the features. I swapped the full-length guide rod for a Wilson of normal length and usual plug. I've never been convinced of great benefit from the longer one on the 1911, and prefer to take-down without tools (or finger injuries).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I understand, I’d prefer stainless too. I am new to handguns only been buying them since 2006, but I’m still very much a novice.
I have the Kimber micro nine and I’m waiting for delivery on my Kimber stainless 45 ACP.
People are complaining about putting Band-Aids on their fingers using different bullets on their Kimbers. I understand what they’re saying. My micro nine drive’s my finger nail right into my finger tip. I’m not gonna change ammo, I just bought a pair of really cool Steve McQueen driving gloves. That seems to have solved the problem.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts