Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
I never had to wear a band-aid on my shooting finger and I didn’t know others were having this issue. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, I believe what you say but it’s the first I’m hearing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Only time I think I’ve ever needed a bandage on a finger from shooting a handgun is my 4.25” Bond Arms, shooting 3” .410 magnum 000 buckshot. That’ll bust your knuckles pretty good off the trigger guard 😂

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
Nice looking pistol, how is the Springfield priced compared to a Kimber?

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Nice looking pistol, how is the Springfield priced compared to a Kimber?
Very comparable. I overpaid about $300 for this one because it just became discontinued. 17 popped up on gunbroker and they sold like wildfire.

I paid $830 for the Stainless II 45 I just ordered. The Springfield pictured ran $850 before the surge.

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
Very comparable. I overpaid about $300 for this one because it just became discontinued. 17 popped up on gunbroker and they sold like wildfire.
What sets the Loaded apart from a regular stainless Springfield? Sights looks like three dot are they night sights, I see ambi-safety, no front strap checkering, what else?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So the Garrison isn't coming. I got a call this morning telling me they sold it to someone else. Given the price I paid for it, I am guessing it didn't sell high enough. I'll be watching for it to resurface.
New stainless Springfield Garrison on order. This one is in 9mm. It’s a layaway order so it’ll be a little bit. I had planned on waiting a while after all the 1911s I bought lately but my son has really been looking forward to me getting another on 9mm since I sold both the Madagascar 1911s I had.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Springfield is really on a tear. Good guns and even better marketing. The SA 35 is on my radar. But I think a Kimber full size .45 is probably ahead of that.

On the long gun side of things, I lusted after the Springfield SOCOM 16 for a long time until I finally opened my wallet and let the moths fly out. Old school and new school at the same time. It shoots like a dream. The AR wonks at my range always ask me if they can shoot it. I like the ARs and AKs but they are like bellybuttons. Everybody has one.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Springfield is really on a tear. Good guns and even better marketing. The SA 35 is on my radar. But I think a Kimber full size .45 is probably ahead of that.

On the long gun side of things, I lusted after the Springfield SOCOM 16 for a long time until I finally opened my wallet and let the moths fly out. Old school and new school at the same time. It shoots like a dream. The AR wonks at my range always ask me if they can shoot it. I like the ARs and AKs but they are like bellybuttons. Everybody has one.
As much as I don't like SA, they do make some good guns. Their 1911s are good to go.
I like the SOCOM 16 (my Brother in law has one) but that's alot of scratch for that heavy thunderstick.
Get a full sized Kimber 1911 in .45acp. You won't regret it.

Check out the Girsan Hi Power clone.
It's closer to the original, gets great reviews, and about 1/3 the price.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Check out the Girsan Hi Power clone.
I read about that Girsan Hi-Power clone but haven't seen one.

I chatted with a guy at my range who I thought was shooting a Beretta. it was a Girsan. He gave it a rave review. I shot it and I have been shooting Beretta's forever. I was skeptical but gotta admit it was such a solid gun and so close to my 92's I bought one. I put it in a bugout sling bag with 250 rounds and a KelTec Sub 2000 folder that takes Beretta mags. I keep the real Berettas in my safe and occasionally shine them with a diaper. The reason is... I don't want my expensive guns banging around in a backpack I toss onto the seat of my vehicle or the trunk.

I live in the Outer Banks literally a stone's throw from the ocean. If you leave anything made out of steel unattended for three days, it's rusted. Salt air, surf mist, sand... it's a never-ending battle. How I suffer!

·
Registered
185 Posts
You have no idea. In the last 60 days, I have ordered 5 revolvers and 4 1911s.

Loaded has the Ambi Safety, front serrations and full length guide rod. Those are the big differences. Its not $500 worth but is what it is. That loaded used to sell for around $850-$900 before people lost their dang minds. Now with them being discontinued, there really aren't many options shopping around.

I ordered a Colt Series 70 Competition in 45 to replace the Garrison.
View attachment 129224
OMG...That is beautiful.. I have wanted one of those with the Blue grips for a while now...Matches my favorite nail polish and the little flashlight on my keychain..

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I read about that Girsan Hi-Power clone but haven't seen one.

I chatted with a guy at my range who I thought was shooting a Beretta. it was a Girsan. He gave it a rave review. I shot it and I have been shooting Beretta's forever. I was skeptical but gotta admit it was such a solid gun and so close to my 92's I bought one. I put it in a bugout sling bag with 250 rounds and a KelTec Sub 2000 folder that takes Beretta mags. I keep the real Berettas in my safe and occasionally shine them with a diaper. The reason is... I don't want my expensive guns banging around in a backpack I toss onto the seat of my vehicle or the trunk.

I live in the Outer Banks literally a stone's throw from the ocean. If you leave anything made out of steel unattended for three days, it's rusted. Salt air, surf mist, sand... it's a never-ending battle. How I suffer!
I almost bought a sub2000. I like the concept, but after playing with it, I would need to spend another $300-400 with MCarbo to make it right.
That's CZ Scorpion pricing, so I just got a Scorpion.🤘
Love the Scorpion, but it's going to get traded in a few months on an MP5, which also will NOT be a safe queen.
I'm am just having a hard time deciding if I want the full size or the smaller "K" version.:unsure:
First world problem for sure.😂

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got a S2K Gen 1 on trade eons ago. I literally wore it out. KelTec upgraded me last year to a brand new Gen 2 for $225. You just send the old one in. I did the full MCarbo treatment on the Gen 2. Crazy when you think about it: Putting almost $300 into a $450 carbine to make it run better. But I had fun doing it. The Sub 2000 is a rather unique design. It's not an heirloom you pass down to the grandkids but it's fun to shoot, reasonably accurate and reliable. It fits into a small sling bag with a pistol and mags. That's why I kept it.

I agree the CZ Scorpion is superior. I sold mine but wish I hadn't. I like the new Scorpion Mini. I'm also intrigued by the Stribog A3 but the Scorpion is superior to it in every category except price.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I got a S2K Gen 1 on trade eons ago. I literally wore it out. KelTec upgraded me last year to a brand new Gen 2 for $225. You just send the old one in. I did the full MCarbo treatment on the Gen 2. Crazy when you think about it: Putting almost $300 into a $450 carbine to make it run better. But I had fun doing it. The Sub 2000 is a rather unique design. It's not an heirloom you pass down to the grandkids but it's fun to shoot, reasonably accurate and reliable. It fits into a small sling bag with a pistol and mags. That's why I kept it.

I agree the CZ Scorpion is superior. I sold mine but wish I hadn't. I like the new Scorpion Mini. I'm also intrigued by the Stribog A3 but the Scorpion is superior to it in every category except price.
The Scorpion is awesome, even better with the MCarbo trigger spring kit.
I traded in a custom AR I built for it, thinking it would scratch the MP5 itch.
It just made it worse.
Then my LGS called to let me know they received 5 century AP5s ( MP5 clones). 3 full sized and 2 K versions.
Well, son of a bitch.
Here we go again.
I think I'm gonna shoot the CZ for another month and then put some cash with it and get the MP5.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That SW is a sweet looking gun!
Thx. The S&W is Performance Center. I can't recall if it came with those G10 grips or if I input them on. It runs beautifully with my .45 can. The Ruger is an accurate, reliable shooter as well. I'm going to take them and my new Kimber to the range for a day of 1911 fun later this week. I haven't shot either of the two in the pic for quite a while.

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
Round butt and threaded for suppression, what’s not to like.
I’ve not got used to cuts in the slide yet…

21 - 40 of 42 Posts