Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
...I have several Kimbers... ...my carry is generally a Kimber Pro CDP II in .45 ACP... or sometimes a Kimber Micro 9mm or Kimber Micro (weather dependant); however, I will be getting an Ultra; why??? because if you frequent this forum frequently, you will come to realize what has been said above; so my next gun will be a Kimber Ultra CDP II to go with its big sister...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I was interested in commercial practice ammo. I have an adequate supply of defense ammo.
I wish I had time to start reloading again.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I was interested in commercial practice ammo. I have an adequate supply of defense ammo.
What keeps you so busy that you can't reloading?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Shoe Bag Personal protective equipment Helmet Wood

This is it. The whole package. It is my daily, just as you see it. The sights are stock, except for the white paint. I find that more than sufficient. I use Lawman 185 grain truncated cone for practice/qualification and Lawman185 grain hollow point for carry. I like the lighter recoil of the 185 gn.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
I'm still using from my private stock from Freedom, Georgia Arms. Freedom has 45acp but it is $0.90 per round, pre-covid it was around 0.28 cents per round.
So right now you have to purchase whatever is in stock and at prices your willing to pay.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Blazer Brass 45 ACP 230 Grain FMJ, and Sellier & Bellot 45 ACP 230 Grain FMJ, Federal American Eagle Non-Toxic Primer 45 ACP 230 Grain TMJ

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Well, I for sure have not had good luck hunting primers either.
All the primers being manufactured right now are being used to make ammo.
Its going to be another year or so before we see surplus primers on the shelves.

·
Administrator
38,881 Posts
Yes, that is an Ultra Two Tone, all Utra's have 3" barrels, the difference between the different models is strictly cosmetic.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The gun in the Academy photo is marked Ultra Carry II on the slide.
Is the gun they are actually selling different from the photo?
I am really ignorant about 1911 platforms, the round trip drive is two hours and I may not recognize the differences even after I get there.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts